0 0%
  • Kyle Waldrop

6 12.50%
  • Ryan Wright

2 4.17%
  • Other (Please name)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Waldrop and Ryan Wright are my 2 breakout players for 2013.
    Good call
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

I've had Waldrop as my breakout all along, although I also think we'll see a breakout from Yorman, and at this time next year, our system will be ranked higher because of these two guys.

Wright
    Waldrop
    Y Rodriguez
    Langfield
    Mejias-Brean
    Vidal
    B Greene
    Soto
    Winker
    Rahier
    Gelalich
    Buckley

will ALL have monster seasons, sky rocket up prospect rankings and no doubt increase our system's depth, talent and ranking. Health is the biggest factor. We literally have 20-30 players who could turn out to have an impact in our organization

I don't expect much from Ryan Wright other than somewhere between Valaika and Frazier. He's that same mold, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I don't expect much from Ryan Wright other than somewhere between Valaika and Frazier. He's that same mold, IMO.
    There is a formidable chasm between Todd Frazier and Chris Valaika. But yea, not expecting expecting any monster season from Ryan Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    There is a formidable chasm between Todd Frazier and Chris Valaika. But yea, not expecting expecting any monster season from Ryan Wright.
    That's true. I should clarify I mean when they were both around high A a while back. Valaika just disappeared in AAA.

Reds website prospect list:

Lotzkar-6
    Wright-7
    Buckley-8
    Sal Romano-9

NO Barnhart, Vidal, Yorman, Lutz, B Greene, Rahier, Buckley, Reynoso, Moscot in the Top 20 for the Reds. This list is a bit diff compared to the organizational prospect rankings

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    That's true. I should clarify I mean when they were both around high A a while back. Valaika just disappeared in AAA.
    Strange how that one turned out. He basically went from power hitting second basemen to utterly irrelevant overnight. Minor league stats are fickle beast.

Will continue to vote for Amir Garrett. He is the big-armed wild card with a TOR ceiling but a very low floor as well. I will take a guy who has a slim shot at being a star over a bunch of guys who have no shot at being anything more than fringe major leaguer 25th man types.

Gelalich and Reynoso have some real potential, but they are miles away from achieving it just like Garrett is. If only Garrett would give up basketball and devote himself to a sport where he has a real chance of having a solid career.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Will continue to vote for Amir Garrett. He is the big-armed wild card with a TOR ceiling but a very low floor as well. I will take a guy who has a slim shot at being a star over a bunch of guys who have no shot at being anything more than fringe major leaguer 25th man types.

Gelalich and Reynoso have some real potential, but they are miles away from achieving it just like Garrett is. If only Garrett would give up basketball and devote himself to a sport where he has a real chance of having a solid career.
    I can see a case for him at this point, but I'm not sure I'm getting the hype on Garret yet. You would think he was an outright flamethrower the way people talk about him, but all I've read is that he "touches" 95. He's got a lot to prove if that's the case. There's upside there for sure, but some of the Price and Chapman comparisons being thrown around on him seem ridiculous.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Reds website prospect list:

Lotzkar-6
    Wright-7
    Buckley-8
    Sal Romano-9

NO Barnhart, Vidal, Yorman, Lutz, B Greene, Rahier, Buckley, Reynoso, Moscot in the Top 20 for the Reds. This list is a bit diff compared to the organizational prospect rankings
    That list is NOT from this year.

Edit: Maybe it is. But that list is TERRBILE if it is actually up to date. Sean Buckley isn't close to a Top 10 prospect. He has one above-average tool, power. Production? He has none to this point. He strikes out a ton. He doesn't walk much. And he should be repeating Dayton in 2013 after hitting .244/.307/.420 there last season.

If you want to look at mainstream websites for prospect rankings, use this order:
    Baseball America/Baseball Prospectus - you can't go wrong with either
    John Sickels - MinorLeagueBall.com
    ESPN

MLB.com

To be frank, I like Jonathan Mayo. He is a truly nice guy. But there is no convincing me that Sean Buckley is even a Top 25 prospect in this system.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 02-06-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I can see a case for him at this point, but I'm not sure I'm getting the hype on Garret yet. You would think he was an outright flamethrower the way people talk about him, but all I've read is that he "touches" 95. He's got a lot to prove if that's the case. There's upside there for sure, but some of the Price and Chapman comparisons being thrown around on him seem ridiculous.
    Well I agree that Garrett is not a fantastic prospect, only that he has more upside than the rest of the guys remaining in this poll. I don't think that Garrett should have been in the Top 10, but we are voting for #19 here. Garrett has not played much baseball in his life. He has not even begun to touch his potential yet. Hopefully, once he concentrates year-round on baseball and gets a lot of coaching he can make a big leap into true prospect status.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.

I'm just shocked that this spambot uses ICQ.

Turn Off Ads?