Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Chris Carpenter likely out for 2013.

Salukifan2

Re: Chris Carpenter likely out for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    "Son, even if it's immoral, don't ever leave a damn nickel on the table."

There, he won't have to come up with an explanation now.
    ??????????????

How is accepting the money you are guaranteed in a contract immoral?

2. Turn Off Ads?

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and Cardinal fans crying around because Chris Carpenter won't retire is just the kind of irony I can sink my teeth into.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...971a7ad2b.html
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 02-12-2013 at 11:40 PM.

4. Likes:

bigredmechanism (02-13-2013),Blitz Dorsey (02-12-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

How are Cardinal fans going to explain to their collective sons that Chris Carpenter is every bit the jerk that opposing fans said he was?

How is Salukifan2 going to explain that he's not the biggest StL fanboy on the entire Internet?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and Cardinal fans crying around because Chris Carpenter won't retire is just the kind of irony I can sink my teeth into.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...971a7ad2b.html
    I know. It's freakin' glorious. Their 2013 season is off to a great start! (Course, I remember saying the same thing two years ago when Wainwright went down. I didn't throw a clubhouse party like Jonny Gomes, but I was pleased. What happened? Cards won the World Series. So, there's that. But I doubt history repeats. This really hurts them.)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Firstly, Carpenter makes $12.5M this season.

Secondly, players sign guaranteed contracts to make sure they get paid if they get injured.

Calling Carpenter greedly becuase he is injured and wants to be paid is foolish. Especially since he likely got injured getting ridden hard and being hung up wet during the Cards world series run.

Why would he give up money voluntarily to a team with owners who can buy and sell him a hundred times over?

Carpenter is a egotiostical a$$hole a million times over. But if any player is due him money when injured, it's certainly him.

8. Likes:

Always Red (02-13-2013),bigredmechanism (02-13-2013),Caveman Techie (02-13-2013),Homer Bailey (02-13-2013),marcshoe (02-13-2013),MikeThierry (02-13-2013),Patrick Bateman (02-13-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    How are Cardinal fans going to explain to their collective sons that Chris Carpenter is every bit the jerk that opposing fans said he was?

How is Salukifan2 going to explain that he's not the biggest StL fanboy on the entire Internet?
    With more ease than the reds fan base can explain to their collective son's why they haven't hung a banner for 22 straight seasons, or why the 2nd best team in the MLB last season was 16th in attendance.

a provocation will receive a retort.
    Last edited by Salukifan2; 02-13-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    With more ease than the reds fan base can explain to their collective son's why they haven't hung a banner for 22 straight seasons. a provocation will receive a retort.
    You're on a REDS FAN FORUM.

Just a friendly reminder. Wading into enemy territory, in a thread you KNOW will contain posts you don't like is hardly grounds to say you were "provoked".
    Last edited by The Operator; 02-13-2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

11. Likes:

bigredmechanism (02-13-2013),OnBaseMachine (02-13-2013),Scrap Irony (02-14-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    You're on a REDS FAN FORUM.

Just a friendly reminder. Wading into enemy territory, in a thread you KNOW will contain posts you don't like is hardly grounds to say you were "provoked".
    I don't care if people have a problem with Chris Carpenter, i don't really like him very much. But if someone calls me out in a post, and in a manner that is insulting, i will respond.

If Blitz Dorsey would like to comment on my post, or attack something i said on this forum then he is more than welcome. But intentionally trying to instigate something with me because i cheer for another team by insulting me is very much provocation.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    With more ease than the reds fan base can explain to their collective son's why they haven't hung a banner for 22 straight seasons, or why the 2nd best team in the MLB last season was 16th in attendance.

a provocation will receive a retort.
    Could you possibly not post here anymore? Because I sure as hell know I haven't enjoyed even one of your posts so far.

14. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (02-13-2013),bigredmechanism (02-13-2013),Blitz Dorsey (02-13-2013),Caveat Emperor (02-13-2013),foxfire123 (02-13-2013),George Anderson (02-13-2013),Homer Bailey (02-13-2013),OnBaseMachine (02-13-2013),PuffyPig (02-13-2013),RedsfaninMT (02-13-2013),Scrap Irony (02-14-2013),WMR (02-13-2013)

I don't care if people have a problem with Chris Carpenter, i don't really like him very much. But if someone calls me out in a post, and in a manner that is insulting, i will respond.

If Blitz Dorsey would like to comment on my post, or attack something i said on this forum then he is more than welcome. But intentionally trying to instigate something with me because i cheer for another team by insulting me is very much provocation.
    You have every right to respond, imo, but don't resort to broad insults of all Reds fans or the Reds in general. I would recommend responding to who called you out and keep it at that.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

16. Likes:

bigredmechanism (02-13-2013),Caveman Techie (02-13-2013),marcshoe (02-13-2013)

Salukifan2

I never bash the reds on this board and i rarely bring up the cardinals in any of my posts. But when a thread is started about a cardinals pitcher missing a season and that thread turns into just another "redszone cardinal bashing" thread (which is about every other day) i will defend my team. And i do so in a manner that outs myself as a cardinal fan on a reds board. I understand that i am in "enemy territory" (which is a juvenile thing to call it anyway, its baseball for god's sake) and i realize that their is a certain amount crap i am going to take for it.

And i will keep posting here, unless i am forcibly removed, because i enjoy the non cards vs reds baseball talk. This is the most active forum i've found which makes it fun. And wonderful Monds if you don't like what i have to say you can use the ignore function that the mods do a very good job of informing posters of.

I make a couple posts about how the hatred on this board towards another city and organization is a waste of effort because not only is it not reciprocated by that city and organization, but once again it's only baseball! In doing so i am immediately labeled a rabble rousing cardinals' fan who wants nothing more than to cause trouble in reds fan's innermost sanctum because its the popular thing on here to blindly insult and attack everything about the cardinals (including fans of theirs that you have never met) because they're just so evil and everything thats wrong with, not only baseball, but the universe.

get real, IT'S JUST BASEBALL.

And, 757690, youre right, i shouldn't have lowered myself to Dorsey's level and posted something that doesn't need to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Could you possibly not post here anymore? Because I sure as hell know I haven't enjoyed even one of your posts so far.
    Agreed.

Salukifan2: Whenever I read your posts I picture a guy punching his keyboard while wearing Dizzy Dean pajamas with a Cardinal nightlight as his only source of illumination. The contrast between your "I WILL DEFEND MY TEAM WHEN PROVOKED!" mantra on the messageboard of a division rival and the "It's only baseball!" screaming are pretty hilarious when placed mere sentences apart from each other...I'll give you that much.

When I read Cardinal or Pirate forums, I read it with the idea that I'm seeing a discussion I wasn't really meant to see. Both kinds of places trash the Reds regularly, but I shake my head and move on. In fact, the only reason I go to those forums is just to see what an opposing fanbase thinks of a recent move or to get their take on something that happened with the Reds. That's it. I never see a discussion about Joey Votto being overrated or about Phillips being a POS and take it upon myself to jump in and argue my point, because that would be pointless.

It's probably best of you to think of this place as if Bill Swerski's Super fans were obsessed with the Reds instead of the Bears and got in arguments over stats instead of grilled meats. Don't take it too seriously and you might actually enjoy yourself. If you can't do that, you should probably head to the ESPN forums and seethe over there.

20. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (02-13-2013)

The Operator and I have addressed this situation, so let's move past the needless bickering.

Turn Off Ads?