Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Carpenter likely out for 2013.

Re: Cardinals Call 1:30 CT Press Conference

Who's going to whine about the baseballs when the Cards come to Cincy now? Who's going to re-ignite a brawl and pretend he did nothing now? I will miss him like I miss all the other mules that I no longer have to see...

There's a difference between competitiveness and just being an ass. Carpenter was/is both.

Bum

2. Likes:

Caveman Techie (02-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5462236

Carpenter was fined after his yelling match with Reds manager Dusty Baker led to what he called a "melee." He said the worst part of the aftermath wasn't the scratches on his back or neck from where Cincinnati's Scott Rolen grabbed him in an apparent peacemaking move but having to answer to his 7-year-old son.

"Dusty had something to say, I had something to say, and the next thing you know all hell broke loose," Carpenter said "I come home and try to explain to my son why is Scott Rolen attacking me? Why is everybody pushing you into the net?"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    After the brawl in 2010. Chris Carpenter dropped that line. It has been the gold standard for snark since then.
    Okay, thanks. Yeah, it's strange -- I figured out the RZ function of the expression (general snarkiness and character assassination of our arch nemesis) but I lacked the history.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

By question here is who will be the go to target now for you all? TLR and Carpenter is gone. I guess Molina can be another source of angst but are you really going to go after Jon Jay or Daniel Descalso?

I won't miss him. He is one of those guys who I just don't like, along with people who don't respect other people's cultures, and of course, the Dutch.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

8. Likes:

RichRed (02-05-2013),StillFunkyB (02-05-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    By question here is who will be the go to target now for you all? TLR and Carpenter is gone. I guess Molina can be another source of angst but are you really going to go after Jon Jay or Daniel Descalso?
    Duh! You answered your own question. Plenty of hate for "Neck Tats" around here.

(Although we all respect the hell out of his game.)

Senor Votto

I am sad that the Reds can't destroy him now. I won't miss all the excuses he gave for losing

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Duh! You answered your own question. Plenty of hate for "Neck Tats" around here.

(Although we all respect the hell out of his game.)
    True but him and Phillips have made up and you see them laughing at times. Yadi never really says anything controversial and isn't a jerk out there. He isn't on the level of TLR or Carpenter.

True but him and Phillips have made up and you see them laughing at times. Yadi never really says anything controversial and isn't a jerk out there. He isn't on the level of TLR or Carpenter.
    Without Pujols, TLR, or Carpenter, it really only comes down to my general dislike of Molina and the facial hair of various members of the Cards' bullpen.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

eh...I don't really dislike Molina. He's not a whiner like TLR and Chrissy. He's just a hothead. I don't get the kneck tatoos, but to each their own as long as they aren't looking for me to hire them. No target needed in my opinion.

Bum

Don't worry the cream will rise to the top

15. Likes:

MikeThierry (02-05-2013),StillFunkyB (02-05-2013)

Well there are those threads where everyone just gangs up on you.

17. Likes:

blumj (02-05-2013)

Salukifan2

Is the level of disdain from Reds fans toward the cardinals on this board representative of the whole reds fan base? Because i gotta say, cardinals fans don't feel that way about the reds at all. They don't like Phillips, but neither does anyone outside of Cincinnati. There is a rivalry from the brawl and both teams being competitive right now but it seems like reds consider the cardinals their #1 hated rival when there are probably 5 teams that I consider the cardinals to have bigger rivalries with. Those teams being chicago, KC, NYM, Astros (though that one is over), LAD.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Don't worry the cream will rise to the top
    Hopefully Shelby Miller carries his arrogance onto the mound and Oscar Taveras annoys Reds fans in the near future.

Other Cardinals players will rise up to be disliked by Reds fans but I don't think anyone will ever touch Carpenter.

Turn Off Ads?