Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Braun busted again?

Ryan Braun busted again?

It looks like Ryan Braun was listed on records from the PED clinic being investigated by MLB in Miami.

All I have to say is that if he really is not clean, I imagine MLB will come down real hard for his evasion from last years suspension due to a technicality. Love the guy as a player, but another connection to PEDs does not look good.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-br...235650670.html
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Braun busted again?

What sucks is that if these allegations are true, Aroid and Braun will only get 50 games (well..for Aroid it would be pretty much the season...IF he even can make it back from his hip replacement at all this year)...while Melky and Yasmani could end up getting 100. WOW. when the penalties first came out, I thought it was about right, but now I think it's too light. i say full season, 162 games, can carry over between seasons, for first offense, and ban 'em for a second offense. fool me once, shame on me...fool me twice, shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlessp View Post
    What sucks is that if these allegations are true, Aroid and Braun will only get 50 games (well..for Aroid it would be pretty much the season...
    I just wonder if MLB will count this as a "2nd" offense after the close call last time. probably not, but it makes him seem like he was probably guilty back then as well.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

I wish they would push it....heck, only reason he got off before was cuz some dude left the sample in his basement (creepy)

Quote Originally Posted by nheath22 View Post
    I just wonder if MLB will count this as a "2nd" offense after the close call last time. probably not, but it makes him seem like he was probably guilty back then as well.
    This, if true, will absolutely count as Braun's 1st offense, whether that's "right" or not.

-Matt

What a cheat. I'm glad being a reds fan our guys stay off these lists. Or we trade them before we find out. Ala grandal

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    What a cheat. I'm glad being a reds fan our guys stay off these lists. Or we trade them before we find out. Ala grandal
    Well... there was Volquez as well, who was still with the Reds when it came out, but he lucked out with being hurt when serving his suspension. Definitely seems like most of our guys are clean and have been more than most teams in the past few years.

Well... there was Volquez as well, who was still with the Reds when it came out, but he lucked out with being hurt when serving his suspension. Definitely seems like most of our guys are clean and have been more than most teams in the past few years.
    Completely forgot about that

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Completely forgot about that
    It's ok. Volquez is a pretty forgettable player.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    It's ok. Volquez is a pretty forgettable player.
    Haha and that's why I forgot.

Test

There are always two sides to every story.

Please don't mistake me for a Braun sympathizer. However his reasoning behind the connection to Anthony Bosch sounds somewhat convincing. From The New York Times:
    "There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list,” Braun said. “I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch. I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter."
    Supposedly they spoke to Bosch about possible urine tampering and elevated testosterone levels. This could mean that Braun's lawyers were simply busy trying to build a defense. To an individual trying to look at this from an unbiased perspective, I can see where this might be legitimate.

Our questions will certainly be answered soon enough. MLB will have to respond to this with an investigation of their own (if they haven't already). Until then, we cannot know for sure whether or not the interactions were legitimate.

Everything is speculation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    This, if true, will absolutely count as Braun's 1st offense, whether that's "right" or not.

-Matt
    Correct. There's roughly a 0% chance of the Player's Union letting it become his "Second" offense.

Either way the guy's a snake and we all know he cheated. Technicality or not, he tested positive before, he just had slick enough lawyers to get it tossed. I saw his press release about using this guy as a 'consultant' for his previous case....I'll wait for MLB's investigation, but knowing his history, I'm not buyin' it.

Say what you want about Volquez, but does this not point to a "loophole" in the system? He played the system perfectly. He knew he was going to sit out anyways while rehabbing. The 'roids would help his rehab process. Take the suspension of 50 games, which was still shorter than the DL stint and come back stronger.

He should have really had to serve the 50 AFTER his return from the DL if you ask me.

Turn Off Ads?