Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Braun going down?

Re: Ryan Braun going down?

ESPN's lack of journalistic credibility is such low hanging fruit places like sports by brooks can pick it....

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ttu-ma...draising-29155

They play fast and loose with sources, often could care less about accuracy, and have an MO of improperly attributing information to make it appear like they've actually reported a scoop.

Examples are easy to find if one cares to exert even the tiniest of efforts.

Maybe MLB will drop the hammer on players named above. Ill wait for a credible news agency to report it though. ESPN has earned the enmity.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Likes:

coachpipe (06-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-investigation

I so far haven't seen any current Reds mentioned and there are none on the list provided by ESPN. Our beloved team seems to go out of their way to keep away from guys that cheat and for that they deserve a ton of credit.

5. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-05-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    ESPN's lack of journalistic credibility is such low hanging fruit places like sports by brooks can pick it....

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ttu-ma...draising-29155

They play fast and loose with sources, often could care less about accuracy, and have an MO of improperly attributing information to make it appear like they've actually reported a scoop.

Examples are easy to find if one cares to exert even the tiniest of efforts.

Maybe MLB will drop the hammer on players named above. Ill wait for a credible news agency to report it tough.
    Yes, I know, SPORTSCENTER is very guilty of that. Outside the Lines via Bob Ley, Jeremy Schapp etc. is not SportsCenter.

You're not actually disputing anything I'm saying.

Seems to me like there weren't any examples known off hand of a trend of inaccurate reporting, so there is a lot of scouring of Google on the fly in a desperate attempt to find examples.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

8. Likes:

Krawhitham (06-04-2013)

OK... Enough... If we want to discuss PEDs, please feel free to do so. Don't turn this into yet another personal bickering match over Auburn, ESPN or journalistic ethics.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

10. Likes:

Chip R (06-04-2013),jojo (06-04-2013),OGB (06-05-2013),Roy Tucker (06-04-2013),savafan (06-06-2013),westofyou (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    OK... Enough... If we want to discuss PEDs, please feel free to do so. Don't turn this into yet another personal bickering match over Auburn, ESPN or journalistic ethics.
    Thank you.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

12. Likes:

Always Red (06-04-2013)

I should be surprised, but I'm not. Funny thing about conversations, it takes two people to have them. Sort of reminds me about two brothers fighting and how one always proclaims his innocence in the exchange.
    Last edited by Brutus; 06-04-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I should be surprised, but I'm not. Funny thing about conversations, it takes two people to have them. Sort of reminds me about two brothers fighting and how one always proclaims his innocence in the exchange.
    Actually, both of them generally proclaim their innocence and usually "mommy" puts them both in "time out."

Ignore each other. Final warning.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (06-04-2013),joshua (06-05-2013)

ESPN has a well earned reputation of shoddy journalism and thin standards concerning sources.
    any examples

17. Likes:

New Fever (06-05-2013)

So, basically, these players haven't failed any drug tests - except for Grandil and Braun - and they are basing this on the testimony of a guy who is destitute, homeless and has cut a deal with MLB to drop their lawsuit, indemnify him for any liability arising from his cooperation, provide personal security for him and even put in a good word with any law enforcement agency that might bring charges against him. Yeah, I don't see how this could backfire on MLB. The union is going to be all over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

19. Likes:

jojo (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    any examples
    Yes. Some are even linked in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So, basically, these players haven't failed any drug tests - except for Grandil and Braun - and they are basing this on the testimony of a guy who is destitute, homeless and has cut a deal with MLB to drop their lawsuit, indemnify him for any liability arising from his cooperation, provide personal security for him and even put in a good word with any law enforcement agency that might bring charges against him. Yeah, I don't see how this could backfire on MLB. The union is going to be all over this.
    Personally, if I was Bosch, I'd let MLB sue me. They've got deep pockets but they've also got secrets they don't want in a deposition.

But it will be interesting to see how MLB can suspend players without CBA-ordained evidence.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Personally, if I was Bosch, I'd let MLB sue me. They've got deep pockets but they've also got secrets they don't want in a deposition.

But it will be interesting to see how MLB can suspend players without CBA-ordained evidence.
    That CBA language might really hurt MLB's case.

Yeah, but he's got no money since they closed down his clinic. He's basically living with family and friends and attorneys cost money.

I guess what the article is saying is that the connection with this guy is an offense in itself and lying about it is another.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah, but he's got no money since they closed down his clinic. He's basically living with family and friends and attorneys cost money.

I guess what the article is saying is that the connection with this guy is an offense in itself and lying about it is another.
    While Bosch's character and testimony maybe suspicious, lest we forget that we're speaking of a medical practice which specialized in weight loss and anti-aging treatments, and was shown to be distributing illegal substances to players.

A Miami newspaper (which I'm certain some here think has a vendetta) was given files from the clinic by an ex-employee. These records showed strong evidence of improper practices. Bosch is confirming the already dubious connection.

Say what you will about motives of Bosch, the newspaper, the ex-employee, but taken together, the evidence seems pretty strong in favor of the players purchasing steroids from Bosch.

Turn Off Ads?