Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Braun going down?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Braun going down?

Well, his name is Braun (sic), not Brains

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I don't think this guy ever goes down. He's got an answer for everything. Teflon Braun.
    Stick to your guns.

5. Likes:

Ghosts of 1990 (02-06-2013),Krawhitham (02-06-2013),NCCardfan (02-06-2013)

I don't see any way he gets suspended for this. Now, is he guilty? Sure, he's guilty as can be, but pretty much everyone knew that last year. The only reason he got off was because of some "chain of command" issue.

Eh...I don't really see the Brewers being much of a threat with that starting staff anyway.

No matter how good the rest of Ryan Braun career will be (which should be really damn good if he stays healthy).

These allegations will forever put an asterisk mark by his name, and should probably never be considered for the hall of fame (if he puts up the numbers to do so) for his cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I don't see any way he gets suspended for this. Now, is he guilty? Sure, he's guilty as can be, but pretty much everyone knew that last year. The only reason he got off was because of some "chain of command" issue.

Eh...I don't really see the Brewers being much of a threat with that starting staff anyway.
    MLB can suspend anyone for "just cause" if they believe they used PED's. A positive drug test isn't necessary for a suspension. Not sure they will play that card, but they have it, if they want to.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

guilty by association

whats interesting is that he admits using Bosch as a consultant. My question is just why would ever associate with Bosch... unless... well maybe the folks from Balco were busy.

11. Likes:

cincinnati chili (02-07-2013)

Out of curiosity what would keep one of these perfomance enhancing drug companies from extorting top players? I'm not saying Braun and others linked to such entities aren't guilty or shouldn't be implicated, but that thought crossed my mind.

Ryan Braun, Yasmani Grandal, The U connection, ARod...I'm sorry, but when does Yonder Alonso's name show up?

When guys like Armstrong, ARod, Braun, etc. put themselves out there and agressively deny using, it really makes it pleasurable to watch them go down in flames.

Sorry if that is offensive to anyone but it's just human nature for some of us to think that way.

Can you imagine facing an 8,9,10 year contract knowing you have to cheat the whole time to live up to what you've already produced? If teams aren't putting PED clauses in these contracts they're CRAZY.

Dan Patrick used the words "Good person" in relation to using PEDs in baseball. Context being the only player that would surprise him is Jeter b/c he seems to begood person and does everything the "right" way.

I'm a huge DP fan, but this is a total joke. These cats don't owe the media and/or the fans anything in regards to PEDs. To measure their "goodness" with that metric is way out of bounds.

They are elite athletes and got where they are by exploiting every advantage they could find. PEDs enhance that advantage. Getting the edge any way possible will never be ruled out of the athlete's mindset.

17. Likes:

bigredmechanism (02-06-2013)

If this is all they got on Braun, I don't know where the new smoking gun is. Pretty much just confirms that he got off last time, but still no further new evidence. I dislike Braun as much as anyone, just don't see where he is now in trouble.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

19. Likes:

remdog (06-06-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'm still waiting for a celebrity endorsement deal for one of these PED producing companies.

Ryan Braun-"Bio-fit, so good you'll never have to deny it!"

21. Likes:

remdog (06-06-2013),Tommyjohn25 (02-06-2013)

Turn Off Ads?