Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Braun going down?

Re: Ryan Braun going down?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Braun out of the lineup tonight. They say it has nothing to do with this scandal.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    I honestly don't see why it would. Why would the Brewers sit a player before he's suspended?

You're not going to see teams bench players for a suspension until they have to.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I honestly don't see why it would. Why would the Brewers sit a player before he's suspended?

You're not going to see teams bench players for a suspension until they have to.
    I was only being half-serious there. But there are actually a few reasons why you'd give someone like Braun the day off. One is to avoid the media attention before and after the game. Another is if he requested it for a sort of mental health day.

Baseball about embark on their own version of "The Dreyfus affair."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Baseball about embark on their own version of "The Dreyfus affair."
    Well, Braun is Jewish
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

FWIW, I saw earlier today that Braun was sitting out tonight because of a thumb issue but I can't remember who posted that on Twitter.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    FWIW, I saw earlier today that Braun was sitting out tonight because of a thumb issue but I can't remember who posted that on Twitter.
    I was trying to find a .gif of an umpire doing the thumb ejection signal for laughs. Fail.

8. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-06-2013)

Looks like Bosch tried to get $ from A-Rod first, but got turned down. Only then did he go to MLB. Classy guy.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Looks like Bosch tried to get $ from A-Rod first, but got turned down. Only then did he go to MLB. Classy guy.
    If true, he should be arrested for blackmail. But not too classy to cheat and lie either. Mess with the devil and you might get burned lol.

11. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    If true, he should be arrested for blackmail. But not too classy to cheat and lie either. Mess with the devil and you might get burned lol.
    True. No one is coming out looking good here.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

delete

Q&A with Jonah Keri on the Biogenesis scandal

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...t-steroid-case
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

You can only be on the cheat list once and claim innocence...if it happens twice..tough luck bub..what a joke...all his stats all his awards..everything that he has earned is a lie. Go fall down the steps or something..noone cares what he has to say anymore.

In All Seriousness ... what about Melkey Cabrera? Is there any way he can say "yes i am on that list. yes i took those PED's. and Yes I got caught, but MLB already suspended me last year for that infraction. This would be double jeopardy."

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    In All Seriousness ... what about Melkey Cabrera? Is there any way he can say "yes i am on that list. yes i took those PED's. and Yes I got caught, but MLB already suspended me last year for that infraction. This would be double jeopardy."
    Yasmani Grandal and Bartolo Colon also say "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    Check out the Jonah Keri Q&A Chip linked to above:

Melky Cabrera, Colon, and Grandal have all already served suspensions for violations of the league's drug policy. Is this kind of double penalty covered anywhere in the Joint Drug Agreement? If not, on what grounds would the league propose to have a double penalty (i.e., 100 games for first-time offenders rather than 50) stick?

This strategy could also become problematic. As Thurm explains, unless authenticated and verified Biogenesis documents link a previously suspended player to use, possession, sale, or distribution of PEDs separate from the drugs that had triggered earlier positive tests, a second suspension could amount to a second punishment for the same, initial violation. If MLB were to adopt the A-Rod–and–Braun approach, it could seek both the PED-use penalty and the lying penalty against Cabrera, Colon, and Grandal. All three have already been suspended once, and two more suspensions would equal three, which, according to MLB's drug policy, would trigger a lifetime ban. Since it's not at all clear if Cabrera, Colon, and Grandal violated the league's policy in an incident separate from the one for which they've already been nailed, there's an absurd scenario by which they could be forever stripped of their ability to play in the majors as a result of, essentially, a single transgression.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?