Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds, Leake Avoid Arbitration (1-year, $3.06M deal)

Re: Reds, Leake Avoid Arbitration (1-year, $3.06M deal)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Wasn't it just a few years ago this kid was the next Greg Maddux? He was a super two right?
    Leake wasn't a super-two, and I never heard anyone say he is going to become 'the next Greg Maddux'.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Leake wasn't a super-two, and I never heard anyone say he is going to become 'the next Greg Maddux'.
    That said will his stint in the minors keep him under team control an extra year? I'm thinking no for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Leake just missed super two status and a quick search revealed quite a few Greg Maddux comparisons, I would post links but not sure how to.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Leake just missed super two status and a quick search revealed quite a few Greg Maddux comparisons, I would post links but not sure how to.
    Leake was more than half a season away from reaching super-two status, which is pretty significant in the grand scheme of things. Anyone who said he is going to become the next version of one of the best pitchers of all-time is foolish, but I'm pretty sure no one ever said that.

Wasn't it just a few years ago this kid was the next Greg Maddux? He was a super two right?
    I have said, and still say,that if used properly (ie keep his arm a little tired, a well known key to sinkerball pitchers being at their most effective) and he keeps his head on striaght he will be a "Greg Maddux lite."

PS He also may need to leave Cincy to reach his full potential, it takes good stuff AND the swagger of a matador to pitch well there.
    Last edited by smixsell; 02-11-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Turn Off Ads?