Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB.com 2013 Reds Top 20

Re: MLB.com 2013 Reds Top 20

They mentioned he had an appendix out and we saw what that did to Dunn in 2011, maybe he puts it more together. 28 doubles and 16 hr ain't bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Billy's power is listed at 3 now 4 later. I hope that's true. I think Lofton (career high 15 hr) is his ceiling. Kenny had 6 home runs through his age 26 season then hit 12 when he was 27. If Hamilton stays at it he can definitely add weight. For a cross section of 2-3 years he could be a 10 hr/70 sb player.

I think the 5 upside for Stephenson's changeup and command are sort of low. He's 19 in A ball with crazy talent. Give him some time and I can see closer to 6.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    They mentioned he had an appendix out and we saw what that did to Dunn in 2011, maybe he puts it more together. 28 doubles and 16 hr ain't bad.
    Which is fine.... but why not wait and see rather than just assume. Appendix out or not, Buckley struggled to hit all season long with the exception of one month. Every other month of the year he hit under .250. The one month he hit over .250? June. When his BABIP was .415 and he struck out 26 times in 82 at bats (with 8 walks). I just don't get how he moves up the list with what he did in 2012. There simply isn't any justification for it. A few guys ahead of him graduated. But the list also added Stephenson (who somehow wasn't in the MLB.com Reds Top 10 last year) and Travieso ahead of him.

Seems like the trio of Winker, Waldrop and Buckley are shooting for LF 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Which is fine.... but why not wait and see rather than just assume. Appendix out or not, Buckley struggled to hit all season long with the exception of one month. Every other month of the year he hit under .250. The one month he hit over .250? June. When his BABIP was .415 and he struck out 26 times in 82 at bats (with 8 walks). I just don't get how he moves up the list with what he did in 2012. There simply isn't any justification for it. A few guys ahead of him graduated. But the list also added Stephenson (who somehow wasn't in the MLB.com Reds Top 10 last year) and Travieso ahead of him.
    It does defy sense. The only other thing he does have is prototype size, 6-4, 220.

I'm back to not liking Gelalich that much who was reported in this list as having contact issues. Erg. His stance looks a lot like Stubbs, too.

Salukifan2

Mayo, imo, lacks originality or imagination when making his lists.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Seems like the trio of Winker, Waldrop and Buckley are shooting for LF 2015.
    As much as I'd like him to be ready by then, very little chance Winker will be ready by 2015.

I'd add Yorman Rodriguez and POTO* to the list of top contenders for LF 2015.

*Player Outside the Organization
    **POTO will hopefully be a young bopper acquired via trade in exchange for one of Leake, Corcino, Cingrani, or Bailey (if he's too expensive to sign long term)
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?