Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #20 prospect for 2013?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Buckley

2 4.88%
  • Drew Cisco

3 7.32%
  • Jacob Constante

0 0%
  • Tim Crabbe

0 0%
  • Jeff Fellhauer

0 0%
  • Amir Garrett

4 9.76%
  • Brodie Greene

0 0%
  • Ryan LaMarre

12 29.27%
  • Jonathan Moscot

0 0%
  • Curtis Partch

0 0%
  • Juan Perez

0 0%
  • Josh Ravin

0 0%
  • Jonathan Reynoso

8 19.51%
  • Sal Romano

0 0%
  • Gabriel Rosa

0 0%
  • Steve Selsky

1 2.44%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

0 0%
  • Kyle Waldrop

7 17.07%
  • Ryan Wright

4 9.76%
  • Other (Please name)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect for 2013?

Who is Redszone's #20 prospect for 2013?

1) Billy Hamilton
    2) Robert Stephenson
    3) Tony Cingrani
    4) Daniel Corcino
    5) Jesse Winker
    6) Nick Travieso
    7) Henry Rodriguez
    8) Ismael Guillon
    9) Yorman Rodriguez
    10) Tanner Rahier
    11) Dan Langfield
    12) Neftali Soto
    13) Donald Lutz
    14) Chad Rogers
    15) Tucker Barnhart
    16) David Vidal
    17) Seth Mejias-Brean
    18) Kyle Lotzkar
    19) Jeff Gelalich

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect for 2013?

Ryan LaMarre. Outstanding defender in center field. Outstanding base runner. If his bat is even "meh" at the big league level, he has a chance to be a starter somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Ryan LaMarre. Outstanding defender in center field. Outstanding base runner. If his bat is even "meh" at the big league level, he has a chance to be a starter somewhere.
    It will be interesting to see what the Reds do with him this year. Do they send him to Pensacola to play CF or do they send him to Louisville to play a corner next to Hamilton? To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see him in Cincinnati as a defensive replacement / pinch runner if Choo/Bruce struggle in CF.

Going again with the pitching equivalent of Yorman.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the Reds do with him this year. Do they send him to Pensacola to play CF or do they send him to Louisville to play a corner next to Hamilton? To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see him in Cincinnati as a defensive replacement / pinch runner if Choo/Bruce struggle in CF.
    I too am interested to see where he goes to start the year. Hamilton, Phipps and Perez are going to be in Louisville. Then you have Fellhauer, who did everything he could in AA last year and then LaMarre who, while having an injury, didn't do much at the plate. Personally, I would cut bait with Phipps and bring both LaMarre and Fellhauer up, but I know the Reds aren't going to do that. I think it would send a poor message if LaMarre went to AAA and Fellhauer went back to Pensacola, but I think it is clear that the Reds are higher on LaMarre (as are most people) and that he could get the nod instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I too am interested to see where he goes to start the year. Hamilton, Phipps and Perez are going to be in Louisville. Then you have Fellhauer, who did everything he could in AA last year and then LaMarre who, while having an injury, didn't do much at the plate.
    I keep hearing about how he struggled at the plate, but IMO he didn't do all that bad. He's never going to be a slugger, but he showed a very good understanding of how to get on base even when he is struggling. His OBP was nearly 100 points higher than his batting average and has been in the 350 range at almost every stop he has made in the minors. Sure, it would be nice if he could slug 400-425 but even if he doesn't, his mix of up-the-middle defense, baserunning, and OBP make him a very useful player.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    I keep hearing about how he struggled at the plate, but IMO he didn't do all that bad. He's never going to be a slugger, but he showed a very good understanding of how to get on base even when he is struggling. His OBP was nearly 100 points higher than his batting average and has been in the 350 range at almost every stop he has made in the minors. Sure, it would be nice if he could slug 400-425 but even if he doesn't, his mix of up-the-middle defense, baserunning, and OBP make him a very useful player.
    Sure. As I said, I voted for him because with everything else he brings to the table, his bat only needs to be "meh" for him to be of value, maybe even as a starter somewhere. But I am not sure his bat exactly earned him a promotion to AAA either. Especially at the expense of a guy like Fellhauer, who while not the defender that LaMarre is, is still a good defender and his bat absolutely earned a promotion. It will be interesting to see how the rosters shake out.

Ryan Wright, kid is going to break out in 2013, IMO.

It's not often, but every once in a while, dougdirt sways my vote. This is one of those times. I really like his athleticism and patience at the plate. I also expect a spike in power this year.

I feel like Lamarre has enough developed tools to be a big league contributor in the near future. If he can manage to keep improving his hitting, his ceiling could be as a solid starter for many years for somebody--maybe the Reds after Ludwick is gone. Either way I see him as a big league contributor soon, speed and defense will likely earn him that.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Lamarre for the umpteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    It's not often, but every once in a while, dougdirt sways my vote. This is one of those times. I really like his athleticism and patience at the plate. I also expect a spike in power this year.
    That is never a good idea.

14. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-08-2013)

Going with Reynoso purely on the strength of the national love he's getting.

Not seeing it with Lamarre. If he was a lefty hitter, he might be able to carve out an Endy Chavez/Tony Gwynn Jr. career, but teams usually go for lefty hitters in those speedy, defensive 5th Of types, so Lamarre may actually be a cut below those guys.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I don't think I have ever voted for the same guy in so many consecutive polls as I have with Reynoso this year. I want upside in this prospect range, and his upside is lightyears ahead of Ryan Lamarre. Reynoso has a lot of tools, including a great hit tool, while Lamarre looks like a career bench player with that bat.

Lots of value in Waldrop right now. I'm going with him. Good frame, solid numbers in Dayton, still young, heading to California.

Turn Off Ads?