Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is your pick to be the Reds LF in 2015?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ryan Ludwick (re-signed after current deal)

1 2.33%
  • Player Outside the Organization (FA or acquired via trade)

17 39.53%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

1 2.33%
  • Kyle Waldrop

1 2.33%
  • Jesse Winker

7 16.28%
  • Jeff Gelalich

1 2.33%
  • Someone else in the org but not listed above (list below)

15 34.88%

Thread: LF 2015

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: LF 2015

One thing to consider is that the way Ludwick's contract is structured, the Reds don't really save much money by declining his option. The buy-out is large enough that it would only cost around $3 Million to bring Ludwick back for 2015. If he's still reasonably productive and the answer is a rent-a-player it may be Ryan Ludwick himself. If not my picks in order are:

Todd Frazier
    Donald Lutz
    Bryson Smith
    Steve Selsky
    Rent-a-player

Still think Vidal or Mejias Brean may be ready and better than any of those guys and push Frazier to the OF. Lutz is a dark horse though, but would probably need a platoon partner.

Not seeing it at all with Ryan Lamarre. Looks like the typical light hitting, speedy, decent defensive CF type who are abundant in the minor leagues. Not really excited by his Endy Chavez/Tony Gwynn Jr/Dewayne Wise potential (of course those guys are lefty hitters which is more typical of those 5th OF types).

Winker will take over in 2016 or 2017 IMO. Maybe they keep Ludwick that extra year and go straight to Winker in 2016 and skip all the lesser lights.
    Last edited by mth123; 02-08-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?