Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you sign Brian Wilson?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, our bullpen needs more depth and he could help.

27 42.86%
  • No, I don't feel that he enhances our bullpen.

36 57.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Wilson: For or Against?

Brian Wilson: For or Against?

Would you support a Brian Wilson signing if it was an incentive-laden deal? Chapman's move to the rotation could be a great thing, but I worry about the impact it has on our bullpen. Broxton doesn't seem to care what his role is, and why not roll the dice and add another possible high-leverage arm to the back of the pen? I don't know how much he has in the tank after surgery, but I'd be willing to take a chance. What are your thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brian Wilson: For or Against?

Pass

Stat geek...and proud
    Depends on the deal. A cheap one year deal to let him reestablish his value wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Other than that, yeah, pass.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Will the band play before the fireworks on Friday Night once a month?

The Giants have passed on him after monitoring his progress. That speaks volumes.

Besides, it might cause problems in the clubhouse between his beard and Sam LeCure's moustache.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

7. Likes:

JB12 (02-12-2013),PuffyPig (02-08-2013),redsmetz (02-09-2013)

I'd give him a million or two, but anything beyond that I'm not interested.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Once Chapman moves into the rotation, the pen has two late inning guys and a bunch of 11th and 12th men. Another guy capable of late inning dependability would be nice. Not sure if Wilson is that guy anymore, but even though the Reds have a glut of numbers, there is a definite hole in the pen IMO. This is especially true if the glut of fringey vets pushes Hoover to AAA.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (02-08-2013)

nope

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I get bad vibrations from Brian Wilson. Pass.

13. Likes:

CySeymour (02-09-2013),George Anderson (02-08-2013),OGB (02-08-2013),redsmetz (02-09-2013),Unassisted (02-09-2013),westofyou (02-08-2013)

While I'm usually all for taking a low cost shot at a pitching reclamation project, I'd pass on Wilson.

I can't help but think that his personality and ego would not mesh well with our squad.

Also, the guy is just a little too much of a flake for my tastes. He's the knd of guy that's OK in small doses (or if he's a guaranteed ace ), but I say no thanks to having to look at him every other game just in the hopes that he can contribute some depth.

PS I live in the SF Bay Area, so I know what it's like to get too much Brian Wilson exposure.

No
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

I pass -- not the kind of crazy I want to watch -- now bring on the ghost of Rob Dibble or Norm Charlton.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

For the right price, sure.

I like his kind of crazy.

For a couple million, yes, I'd take a flyer on him. High-impact bullpen arms are valuable. Plus Broxton could show up to camp 40 pounds overweight.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

19. Likes:

Tom Servo (02-09-2013)

As I sit here In My Room I think Wouldn't It Be Nice to have Brian Wilson in the Reds bullpen, someone to Shut Down opposing hitters as Chapman moves to the rotation. Maybe in The Warmth Of The Sun of Great American Ball Park Wilson would re-gain his performance and Do It Again, this time for the Reds All Summer Long. Part of me says Don't Worry Baby, It'll Be All Right, but God Only Knows if signing Wilson would be a good idea. I agree with Puffy-I don't get Good Vibrations from this idea.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

21. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-10-2013),Chip R (02-10-2013),Jefferson24 (02-09-2013),Larkin Fan (02-15-2013),mth123 (02-09-2013),Revering4Blue (02-10-2013),Roy Tucker (02-09-2013),Superdude (02-09-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (02-10-2013)

Turn Off Ads?