Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you sign Brian Wilson?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, our bullpen needs more depth and he could help.

27 42.86%
  • No, I don't feel that he enhances our bullpen.

36 57.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brian Wilson: For or Against?

Re: Brian Wilson: For or Against?

I voted 'No', however if the price were right I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

2. Turn Off Ads?

Love me some Beachboys! You guys have done some serious album-searching to come up with those gems. When I Grow Up to be a Man, I still don't see Wilson driving his Little Deuce Coupe or floating his Sloop John B to Cincy. I think he'll stay True to Your School and stay in SF.
    Last edited by Old NDN; 02-10-2013 at 10:23 AM.

I've always found tolerance for a teammates eccentricities to be in direct proportion to said teammates contribution to winning.

I have no idea how much he has left in the tank or what the chances of a rebound are but that's all I would base my decision off of. If you catch lightning in a bottle and get the dominant closer he once was then I'm willing to bet no one in that clubhouse is going to care how goofy the guy is.

I'd take a flyer on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Thanks for catching that.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Love me some Beachboys! You guys have done some serious album-searching to come up with those gems. When I Grow Up to be a Man, I still don't see Wilson driving his Little Deuce Coupe or floating his Sloop John B to Cincy. I think he'll stay True to Your School and stay in SF.
    I hear that he likes California Girls......
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I'd sign him just so we could have a Brian Wilson beard day at GABP.

Plus we could riff off Beach Boys themes all year and post picturs like this:

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Low risk high reward in my opinion if hes signed to a minor league deal. If he can get back to who he was then by all means he will help our bullpen. If not he cant hurt you if hes in AAA

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Brian Wilson is the guy in high school who wears kilts and blurts out obnoxious attention whoring things from the back of classes. I like an eccentric guy but not a "look at me" type.

Oh, and his arm is probably dead.

Turn Off Ads?