Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you sign Brian Wilson?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, our bullpen needs more depth and he could help.

27 42.86%
  • No, I don't feel that he enhances our bullpen.

36 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Wilson: For or Against?

Re: Brian Wilson: For or Against?

Is there any indication that the Reds are considering this? Not trying to be snarky (I'm always up for hypotheticals), just wondering if I missed something?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

No thanks.

Is there any indication that the Reds are considering this? Not trying to be snarky (I'm always up for hypotheticals), just wondering if I missed something?
    Wondered the same thing. I hope we don't go within 1000 miles of him. Can you imagine him in our clubhouse? Nuff said.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 02-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Sign him ASAP. We have a few good power arms in the back of the pen, but their harmonies could use a lot of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    As I sit here In My Room I think Wouldn't It Be Nice to have Brian Wilson in the Reds bullpen, someone to Shut Down opposing hitters as Chapman moves to the rotation. Maybe in The Warmth Of The Sun of Great American Ball Park Wilson would re-gain his performance and Do It Again, this time for the Reds All Summer Long. Part of me says Don't Worry Baby, It'll Be All Right, but God Only Knows if signing Wilson would be a good idea. I agree with Puffy-I don't get Good Vibrations from this idea.
    I love it.

I've been on the net doing a Surfin' Safari trying to find help for the Reds pen. I haven't had much luck, but its been Fun, Fun, Fun.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Senor Votto

Is he that bad in the clubhouse? Are there reports on this?

There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding pitchers who have had multiple Tommy John surgeries. It is especially unkind to power pitchers like Wilson. I have a feeling if he were willing to accept a cheap minor league deal, he would have signed with someone already.

Wilson is likely to not be ready for game action until May or June at the earliest. My guess is that, he wants a major league deal and teams are gun shy. On the surface why not? Anything to get me less Logan Ondrusek.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Sorry should've been more clear, no indications that the Reds have even spoken to him. From all accounts, they're not interested. Just a hypothetic situation I'm throwing out. I may be in the minority, but I think our bullpen needs more help. Not sure if he'd work out or not, but I'd probably be worth willing to take a chance for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    As I sit here In My Room I think Wouldn't It Be Nice to have Brian Wilson in the Reds bullpen, someone to Shut Down opposing hitters as Chapman moves to the rotation. Maybe in The Warmth Of The Sun of Great American Ball Park Wilson would re-gain his performance and Do It Again, this time for the Reds All Summer Long. Part of me says Don't Worry Baby, It'll Be All Right, but God Only Knows if signing Wilson would be a good idea. I agree with Puffy-I don't get Good Vibrations from this idea.
    I re-read this post 409 times, and I still don't get it.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

11. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    It's a Beach Boys joke.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    It's a Beach Boys joke.
    Hold on dear brother, Johnny ate his Vegetables, realize that or you'll need a mess of help to get around

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Meh. Seems like the team that rehabs a player back to form doesn't get much out of them. Then that player goes elsewhere the next season. Probably a waste of money.

I'm usually inclined to try it, but not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Is he that bad in the clubhouse? Are there reports on this?
    Everything I've ever read about Wilson indicates that his teammates love him.

He's a goof, but he's good people.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Everything I've ever read about Wilson indicates that his teammates love him.

He's a goof, but he's good people.
    That's what I had thought. Wasn't sure why people were saying he was bad for a clubhouse

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (02-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?