Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Clint Hurtt on "Administrative Leave" from the University of Louisville

Clint Hurtt on "Administrative Leave" from the University of Louisville

Charlie Strong confirmed that Clint Hurrt is not coaching as of right now. Says he is on administrative leave to concentrate on his case with the NCAA.

I guess UL was able to extract their Bridgewater from this Scumbag, so everything is kosher in their eyes... Hell, let Miami pay the price for these players...

Don't worry. The new coach, whoever he is, will be a better coach and a better recruiter and a better person than Hurtt.

Releasing it late on a friday evening was a masterful stroke. Gotta love good ole Hoghead Jurich! Always thinking ahead!
    Last edited by WMR; 03-23-2013 at 07:10 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Clint Hurtt on "Administrative Leave" from the University of Louisville

With Louisville coming off a Sugar Bowl win in football (over Florida no less), the basketball team being the overall #1 seed and the baseball team in the top 5, I guess us Louisville folks are just going to have to get comfortable with old hoghead Jurich and his sneaky press releases.

The year of the Cardinal has been quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    With Louisville coming off a Sugar Bowl win in football (over Florida no less), the basketball team being the overall #1 seed and the baseball team in the top 5, I guess us Louisville folks are just going to have to get comfortable with old hoghead Jurich and his sneaky press releases.

The year of the Cardinal has been quite nice.
    I saw this yesterday and was wondering why this would be surprising to anyone. It makes sense for Louisville to give him some time off to work on his case during a dead period in recruiting.

Only UK fans think Louisville fans care about this. The guy screwed up big time at Miami but hasn't done anything wrong at Louisville despite being under a microscope. I hope he keeps his job because he's a great recruiter but, if not, we can find a replacement.

It's not just Kentucky fans that think Louisville chose to get dirty in football with Hirtt. Western fans are pretty sure Bridgewater was the payment for knowingly taking a dirty coach. What I find ironic is that so many Cardinal fans dog Calipari (who's never been caught doing anything wrong by the NCAA), but turn a blind eye to Hirtt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    It's not just Kentucky fans that think Louisville chose to get dirty in football with Hirtt. Western fans are pretty sure Bridgewater was the payment for knowingly taking a dirty coach. What I find ironic is that so many Cardinal fans dog Calipari (who's never been caught doing anything wrong by the NCAA), but turn a blind eye to Hirtt.
    Are Western fans as concerned about Jake Morton as they are about Hurtt? What was Western's "payment" for knowingly taking a "dirty" coach?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Why does Western care? They weren't going to land Bridgewater.

I've not seen a single allegation of wrongdoing at uofl that didn't originate from a message board. And please spell his name correctly.

Western cares because Louisville fans are irritating in their superiority complex (much like Kentucky fans) and the teams have a recent history of going after some of the same players.

Many WKU fans feel they play by the rules (or at least closer to the rules) while other teams within the commonwealth ignore them with no repercussions. And that's frustrating.

Louisville fans also feel like, if Hurtt hadn't come to Louisville, they'd still be a second-division Big East team-- which could have made Western's meteoric rise from Division II to Division I doormat to bowl team the larger story that they believe it deserves it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Are Western fans as concerned about Jake Morton as they are about Hurtt? What was Western's "payment" for knowingly taking a "dirty" coach?
    Who did Morton bring to Western?

(WKU scuttlebutt is that Morton took the money, had a change of heart, then gave it back. It's part of that "second chances" that the athletic program is focusing on-- though many don't agree with their direction.)

I have nothing against Western (hope Petrino does well there), but wasn't WKU's current head coach at KWC when the NCAA came calling? And basically sent him packing to Oklahoma City?

And Louisville is superior to Western in most athletic endeavors. It is what it is.

Western's a great story but they operate on a different level athletically than UofL and UK.
    Last edited by joshnky; 03-23-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Turn Off Ads?