Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ND vs. Louisville

ND vs. Louisville

Is anyone still up watching this classic? Now into the fourth overtime. An absolutely epic game. I don't even know how ND is still in it with all of the foul trouble they've had.

2. Likes:

WMR (02-10-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ND vs. Louisville

I love a happy ending.

Russ Smith is a selfish player. Should've kept going to Behanan.
    Last edited by WMR; 02-10-2013 at 12:43 AM.

That was one of the ugliest games in history for 40 minutes. Typical ugly Louisville basketball. Happy ending indeed.

6. Likes:

WMR (02-10-2013)

part of BBN

I started watching toward the end of regulation. With all the foul and missed free-throws, I wouldnt really call it a classic except in the number of OT's.
    Vitale was also talking alot about how teams have trouble scoring anymore and it looked the game "might" make the low 50's.
    Playing the extra time though allowed them to get to the 100's.
    A s far as the game though, Louisville had trouble getting good shots when holding for the last shot.
    The one time, they had 11 seconds and Smith stood out front and then jacked up a 28 footer at the buzzer.
    Got to give ND alot of credit for hanging in after the terrible call on Cooley.
    Brey was entertaining watching on the sidelines. A big game in the Big East and he was acting so loose and having fun with his team. I liked that aspect.

8. Likes:

WMR (02-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I love a happy ending.

Russ Smith is a selfish player. Should've kept going to Behanan.
    I kept thinking during the OT's "wh aren't they pounding the balll inside to Behanan?" They wouldn't have gone past the first OT if they had done that. Also Russ Smith is officially the dumbest player in college basketball. I'm glad he is in Louisville. He's their problem.
    I watched almost every minute of this game. The first 39 were horrible. After that, game on. Loved how the ND bench guys stepped it up. The one guy (can't remember his name now)scored 17 points and 6 rebounds in the OT's. He hadn't played a second before the OT's. Also one of the refs did his 2nd game of the day. He had worked the Marquette game earlier and was called to do this game because another ref was snowed in on the east coast. He actually ended up doing three games.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

WMR (02-11-2013)

Has a player ever missed 4 game winning/tying buzzer beaters in one game before? That game was awesome, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Has a player ever missed 4 game winning/tying buzzer beaters in one game before? That game was awesome, though.
    Has to be a record. And wasn't it five?

Apparently, when you know a player isn't going to pass, he's pretty easy to defend.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post

Apparently, when you know a player isn't going to pass, he's pretty easy to defend.
    Are Russ and Archie related ?

Turn Off Ads?