Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad state of the Marlins

Sad state of the Marlins

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...6017--mlb.html

After reading this, my first thought was thank God for Bob Castellini. So sad to see

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sad state of the Marlins

When the Marlins went on that spending spree before last season, I was struck with an overwhelming feeling that it was a smokescreen. They had just opened that gift of a stadium (courtesy of the tax payers) and wanted to give the illusion that they were 'all in'.

As a Reds fan that has seen his fair share of b.s. throughout the years (before the arrival of BobC), I truly feel for the die-hard Marlin fan. It's a sad state of affairs down there.
    Retired homosexual

The Marlins are going to be a blight on the league, no doubt about it. I can't wait to see how the brass cover this one.

It isnt like this is the first time this organization has done this though. After the '97 championship season they tore everything down rebuilt and won a World Series in '01. They will be back it just stinks because this time they really tricked the fan base after they got the park they finally wanted. IMO its hard to complain about what they are doing. The Yankees buy every great FA available and the Marlins refuse to pay anyone with a LTC or with any money at all really. That comparison might be at totally opposite ends of the spectrum but they seem one in the same to me.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

I posted on another thread last month that Loria needs to have that team taken away from him....not like there's not a precendent for it, Marge embarassed the game too, albeit in a different way....I feel bad for the few fans the Marlins have left.....not to mention Giancarlo for being stuck there

Let's just rescue Giancarlo

Salukifan2

I am not aware of the the contract that the marlins signed with the city, but i imagine if the city built the stadium then they are leasing it to the Marlins right? If that is the case then could the city of Miami, for lack of a better term, "evict" the marlins and try to lure a team like the Rays to play in that stadium?
    I know there are territorial rights but if a team doesn't have a home how could they have territorial rights?

This will probably never happen,but i guy can dream can't he?

MLB needs to force Loria to sell the Marlins. Behind the scenes if possible, but if it needs to be messy, then so be it.

jvs

I could never in my wildest dreams imagine a sports franchise could turn their fans against them like this. Seriously, this is only one year after a brand new state of the art ballpark was built. Not even Mike Brown could make his fan base this pessimistic.

Loria absolutely needs to be forced to sell the Marlins and be banned from ever owning another team.

I feel terrible for Marlins fans, and even fans of baseball in general in S. Florida.

The Astros may suck but at least they didn't hide behind the facade of signing a bunch of LTCs and then trading them. They've been pretty openly admitting to a complete re-tool.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    I feel terrible for Marlins fans, and even fans of baseball in general in S. Florida.

The Astros may suck but at least they didn't hide behind the facade of signing a bunch of LTCs and then trading them. They've been pretty openly admitting to a complete re-tool.
    bad pun alert in 3....2....1.....
    MLB needs to DE-TOOL the marlins and force Loria out.......

The problem I have with the Marlins is their actions have a direct effect on the Rays. I like the Trop but not everybody likes it. There is no way the Rays get a new ballpark. 15 years from now I can see the Rays playing in Brooklyn and the Marlins in Salt Lake City. Yes, SLC. They have the population and tax dollars to support MLB.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Donald Sterling has essentially done the same thing for decades with the Clippers.

Maybe it is only b/c he is old and nearing death that he has finally spent for a winner. Lets hope Loria doesn't hang on to the Marlins quite so long!

Unfortunately for Miami baseball fans, only two things will make Loria sell the Marlins:

1. Decrease in profits
    2. Intervention from Selig

I just don't see either of those two happening (especially with their current payroll being so low).

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    Unfortunately for Miami baseball fans, only two things will make Loria sell the Marlins:

1. Decrease in profits
    2. Intervention from Selig

I just don't see either of those two happening (especially with their current payroll being so low).

Or a grim death, not that I am advocating the move.

Turn Off Ads?