Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shin Soo-Choo on playing CF

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Shin Soo-Choo on playing CF

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    When I think about Choo, I touch myself.
    When I think about Choo, I think of Earl Campbell.

Skoal, baby.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I agree. It's not as if Cleveland has a huge Korean popluation, and he seemed happy there (not that I can verify that, but he certainly didn't seem to be a malcontent).
    Did anyone else catch the inning the other night when they had the Korean professor from NKU in the TV booth? She's struck up a friendship with Choo and she made the comment that he was a lot happier in Cincy than he was in Cleveland. Anyone have any insight on that comment? Whatever the root or reasoning, it's great to hear he's already so happy in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Did anyone else catch the inning the other night when they had the Korean professor from NKU in the TV booth? She's struck up a friendship with Choo and she made the comment that he was a lot happier in Cincy than he was in Cleveland. Anyone have any insight on that comment? Whatever the root or reasoning, it's great to hear he's already so happy in Cincinnati.
    He prefers skyline to pierogis

anyone else catch the inning the other night when they had the Korean professor from NKU in the TV booth? She's struck up a friendship with Choo and she made the comment that he was a lot happier in Cincy than he was in Cleveland. Anyone have any insight on that comment? Whatever the root or reasoning, it's great to hear he's already so happy in Cincinnati.
    What it told me is that the organization is making a concerted effort to help Choo feel comfortable in Cincy. I think they're going to try very hard to keep him past 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    What it told me is that the organization is making a concerted effort to help Choo feel comfortable in Cincy. I think they're going to try very hard to keep him past 2013.
    I took it that way as well.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    6 games of Choo in CF, I am interested to hear what people think of his defense thus far? I would rate it as average, he has made the plays he should make, hasn't done much spectacular, and will make up for some lack of range with a cannon on other plays.
    Thoughts?
    I was worried that he would be less than adequate in CF, so I've been relieved by what I've seen (and read) so far.

IMO, his arm and baseball IQ will allow him to rate out as average to slightly above (!) in defensive ratings.

He's been truly amazing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He prefers skyline to pierogis
    There is a Korean Bistro on Elm St.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    There is a Korean Bistro on Elm St.
    There is an Ashley Schafer Kia.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

11. Likes:

M2 (04-07-2013)

i think he will be equal to stubbs in center because he still is fast but also has a cannon for an arm to keep people from going extra bases

Reds gear is getting popular here in Seoul. Years ago young Koreans wore Dogers or Rangers hats due to Park Chan Ho, the past couple of years Indian's gear was popular. Now folks are aware of the Reds. Everything I hear is positive regarding Choo.

14. Likes:

Crumbley (04-08-2013),RedEye (04-08-2013),Tom Servo (04-07-2013),Unassisted (04-08-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    I might be about to make myself sound like a silly white person, but

In the few games televised so far from GABP, I feel like I have seen more than a handful of Korean fans in the seats this week, which is cool.

16. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    great read on Choo...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...rst-impression

Todd Frazier should probably be called "Jersey Rube" after this one.
    For some reason, the thought of Heisey, Cozart, and Choo hanging out absolutely cracks me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

18. Likes:

sdwagers (04-08-2013)

His D in CF will be fine IMO. This is what I am excited about...

Last season in 155 games with the Indians, Choo batted .283 with 16 home runs, 67 RBIs and 21 steals. While he struck out 150 times in 598 at-bats, he also had a .373 on-base percentage.

In 99 of those games, Choo led off and batted .310 with a .389 on-base percentage. That contrasts with Reds leadoff hitters, who batted a combined .208 with a .254 on-base percentage in 2012.
    When is the last time we had a solid lead-off guy who could consistently get on base? Would Freel even count?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

20. Likes:

mbgrayson (04-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    His D in CF will be fine IMO. This is what I am excited about...

When is the last time we had a solid lead-off guy who could consistently get on base? Would Freel even count?
    Bip Roberts. 1992.

Turn Off Ads?