Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mumford & Sons Coming to my Hometown

Re: Mumford & Sons Coming to my Hometown

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Maybe I am crazy, but live music almost always disappoints.
    With the music I listen to, I usually love the live version much more than I do studio album versions...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe I am crazy, but live music almost always disappoints.
    Live music better. Bumperstickers should be issued.

Neil Young

I've been to at least 500 concerts. Very few have disappointed me
    Last edited by westofyou; 02-14-2013 at 11:49 AM.

The venue and crowd really don't matter for me. I want to hear music. Sure, I guess some venues with TERRIBLE sound systems could be an issue. But really, I just want to listen to the music and listening to live music often disappoints. Maybe I just expect to much.
    In my experience, the venue/crowd factor is at least as important as who takes the stage. But then, I consider a concert to be about more than just the music entering my ears...

Got my tickets awhile ago..Ill definitely be there

Tried to get tickets, nobody could commit this early, sold out.

Oh well

Hey, I'm just upset that I'm not going to be able to see the Avett Brothers tomorrow night.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    In my experience, the venue/crowd factor is at least as important as who takes the stage. But then, I consider a concert to be about more than just the music entering my ears...
    Yeah, I get that. I just don't view/hear music that way. Music for me is all audio.

Turn Off Ads?