Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds, Choo Avoid Arbitration

Re: Choo & Reds = No Arb

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Nope. They just agreed on his 2013 salary. Choo will still be a FA after 2013, unless they extend him with a long term contract.
    I would love to see the Reds extend Choo. I think he could be our LF with Hamilton in CF and Bruce in RF. Move Ludwick to the bench.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Mainly it prevents ill-will between the player and team, as evidently teams trash the players during the hearings to explain why the lower number is fairer.
    That, and it mitigates risk. In arbitration they pick one of the two numbers. There is no in between.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Reds received $3.5M in the trade that brought him here, so he's essentially costing the Reds $3.875M this season. In case you were wondering, Drew Stubbs is making $2.825M.
    Crunching numbers, they really only added a little over a million dollars for Choo.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Crunching numbers, they really only added a little over a million dollars for Choo.
    Well that, and they lost DiDi.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Re: Reds, Choo Avoid Arbitration

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Well that, and they lost DiDi.
    ...And Drew Stubbs as well. I was just commenting on the effect it had on the payroll.
    Last edited by Nathan; 02-12-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Re: Reds, Choo Avoid Arbitration

We're basically paying Choo a little more than we were going to pay Stubbs. Walt is a magician with payroll.

Losing Didi means we don't have an elite SS in AAA anymore, Cozart isn't going anywhere to open a spot anyway. Great trade.

Turn Off Ads?