Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two former Reds hurt before ST

Two former Reds hurt before ST

May not end up being major injuries, but both Ryan Madson and Didi Gregorious are dealing with elbow issues according to NBCSports.com. Report says didi was bound for the minors anyway but will likely miss the beginning of the season, and Madson is still due to have an MRI done. probably just working too hard after his tommy john, but was surprised to see that Didi was having issues too

2. Likes:

webbbj (02-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Towers (DBacks GM) made a statement saying they didn't give Didi a physical after the trade.

This dude is the worst executive in sports.

Re: Two former Reds hurt before ST

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Towers (DBacks GM) made a statement saying they didn't give Didi a physical after the trade.

How in the world do you not give a guy a physical?

That's mind-blowingly crazy to me.

Well he is the same guy who thinks a soft hitting SS who isn't on any top 100 prospect list is the next Derek Jeter and gave up a promising SP prospect and top pick for him.

Well he is the same guy who thinks a soft hitting SS who isn't on any top 100 prospect list is the next Derek Jeter and gave up a promising SP prospect and top pick for him.
    That seemed like a horrible trade for them. I thought it was great for us, especially with the money coming our way from Cleveland. And I thought it was great for Cleveland to get a top pitching prospect for a 1 year rental in Choo.

For Arizona? Unless they just had zero faith at all in Bauer, I don't get it.

I hope Ryan Madson never pitches another inning.

I'll say this: if the D-backs don't get to the playoffs this year, he's going to get fired and will not be getting many job offers in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Why? There is zero reason why any Reds fan should harbor ill will toward him. It's not as if he purposefully tried to injure himself during spring training last year. That injury cost him millions.

Also, just to add on to what everybody already knows; Kevin Towers is an idiot.

11. Likes:

marcshoe (02-19-2013),Mastodon (03-02-2013)

Fwiw, whenever I hear about Didi I will hope he is doing well. Followed him thru online stats last yr anyway and saw a few interviews and liked the kid. Not his fault he got traded, and especially if he has a more serious elbow injury, the Reds got value for him.

As for Madson I wish him well but will never have cause to really root for or against him based on his Reds tenure -- since there never was one. At a minimum Madson's injury allowed for Aroldis to have a historic year, and can't say I hold anything against him.

13. Likes:

fireman937 (02-19-2013),fordman (02-18-2013)

The man did nothing to wrong us. It was (and still is) a terribly unfortunate situation. I wish him all the best.
    This is the year.

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-18-2013),camisadelgolf (02-15-2013),fireman937 (02-19-2013),marcshoe (02-19-2013)

Madson did well for getting major league pay in the minor league. Im surprised any team picked him up with/without physical and didnt wait until 2013 spring training to check him out then sign him.

Fordman

Walt is known in the industry as a stand up guy, not a con man.
    I doubt Didi was hurt at the time of the trade, and if he was, I doubt Walt knew it.

I hope the Diamondbacks don't file a grievance against us (like we did after the Maj trade).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

18. Likes:

fireman937 (02-19-2013)

I for one miss the Ryan Madson era. Everyone post their favorite memories of Madson as a Red.

20. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-21-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Well, that's completely ridiculous.

22. Likes:

fireman937 (02-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 90reds View Post
    I for one miss the Ryan Madson era. Everyone post their favorite memories of Madson as a Red.
    Remember that time that Madson showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?
    Last edited by Beatlessp; 02-19-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: spell correct

Turn Off Ads?