Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Things I dislike.

Re: Things I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I dislike paying more for a beer at a ballpark than I would at a bar.
    I dislike that the beer shower isn't a common response to a walk-off home win. And don't let anyone tell you it wouldn't be family friendly. Kids love being drenched in beer.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I dislike the fact that Jim Coombs isn't in camp yet.
    Jim Coombs completed an entire Spring Training's worth of stretching, at bats, pitches, catches and scoring when he stopped off in Arizona for lunch back on January 2d.

Currently he is involved in a bidding war. Seven countries that will remain nameless (ok, one of them is the Vatican... think of the marketing opportunities of "Infallible"!) are trying to hire him for the WBC... provided his appeal to allow single person teams gets approved by the rules committee.

4. Likes:

919191 (02-15-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I dislike that the #6 guy in the Reds' rotation is a better-than-league-average starter.
    Fun fact: Mike Leake's posted a 4.58 ERA in 2012 and comes into 2013 without a rotation spot.

In 2003 (10 years ago), this was the Reds rotation leaving spring training and their eventual season-ending ERAs:

1.) Paul Wilson (4.65)
    2.) Danny Graves (5.33)
    3.) Ryan Dempster (6.54)
    4.) Jimmy Haynes (6.30)
    5.) Jimmy Anderson (8.84)

The 2003 Reds used 17 different starting pitchers.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 02-14-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

6. Likes:

The Operator (02-14-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (02-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Fun fact: Mike Leake's posted a 4.58 ERA in 2012 and comes into 2013 without a rotation spot.

In 2003 (10 years ago), this was the Reds rotation leaving spring training and their eventual season-ending ERAs:

1.) Paul Wilson (4.65)
    2.) Danny Graves (5.33)
    3.) Ryan Dempster (6.54)
    4.) Jimmy Haynes (6.30)
    5.) Jimmy Anderson (8.84)

The 2003 Reds used 17 different starting pitchers.
    Reminds me: I dislike Dempster's dopey glove wiggle thing he does while pitching.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Joey Votto's poor sliding mechanics, including his awkward "sit down slide" half way between first and second on double plays.

This is literally the ONLY thing I don't like about Joey.

I hope he can tweak his game in this area, because it would be ashamed to have THE BEST HITTER ON THE PLANET miss time due to another injury

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Jim Coombs completed an entire Spring Training's worth of stretching, at bats, pitches, catches and scoring when he stopped off in Arizona for lunch back on January 2d.

Currently he is involved in a bidding war. Seven countries that will remain nameless (ok, one of them is the Vatican... think of the marketing opportunities of "Infallible"!) are trying to hire him for the WBC... provided his appeal to allow single person teams gets approved by the rules committee.
    I thought Coombs was sitting out in protest until Bud Selig approves his unicorn bone bat. Mind you, Coombs hit .452 with a 1.397 OPS in the Mexican League using an old cardboard wrapping paper tube as a bat, so it's not like he needs the unicorn bone model. He just wants to show off that he bagged a unicorn after discovering that subterranean, volcanic jungle beneath Antarctica.

Also I'm pretty sure Coombs and his Wolf 359 All-Stars intend to play the WBC winner for inter-planetary supremacy.
    Last edited by M2; 02-14-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

919191 (02-15-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (02-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post

Pffffft! It's Jim Coombs. People don't bid on his services; they pray for a miracle.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    This.

Also:
    Cubs/Cubs fans
    Cardinals
    The DH
    MLB Network when Mitch Williams or Kevin Millar are on the screen. U N W A T C H A B L E.
    It amazes me that a former player could know so little about baseball as Kevin Millar does.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I dislike falling down three rows of stadium chairs and landing on top of a fat guy.
    Speaking for fat guys everywhere. We aren't so fond of it either.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

14. Likes:

marcshoe (02-14-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Haha!! It's nice to know your ornery side didn't go into hiding during the offseason, LOL
    Never.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

And by the way, I can NEVER get enough Jim Coombs threads. Too damned funny.

I dislike bottom-of-the-first deficits at home.

I dislike Yuengling not being sold in Kentucky.

I dislike when a pitcher... ANY pitcher... shakes off Hanigan.

19. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (02-15-2013),The Operator (02-14-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I dislike the death of the SunDeck.
    I dislike the fact that clicking my heels three times doesn't get me back where I belong.
    As Captain Kirk said to Commodore Decker in the Star Trek episode The Doomsday Machine, "We're stronger with you than without you."
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I dislike spiders and dry counties.

Turn Off Ads?