The Operator (02-14-2013)
I dislike that, with the new roster, there are apparently only four generally accepted complaints remaining for at least the first month of the season or until there is an injury. The game threads will be replete with complaints that:
1) Hannigan doesn't bat 7th. (The apparently set lineup of Choo, Phillips, Votto, Ludwick, Bruce, Frazier that some folks want to tweak, but most generally accept, leaves only the complaint of Cozart hitting in front of Hanigan).
2) Chapman should have been left in the bullpen.
3) (Insert Player here) should have been the 25th guy on the roster over (Insert Player Here)
4) Choo vs Bruce as starting CF.
Gone by the wayside are the old stand bys:
1) Chris Heisey should be starting.
2) (Insert player here) should not be leading off.
3) (Insert Player here) should not be batting second.
4) (Insert Pitcher here) is the ace of the staff.
5) (Insert Veteran Player here) is gone after this year so the reds need to sell the farm for a rental player to win now
When you think about it... there is a good chance that we will have very little to debate until well into the season.
- Every critical Red is already signed for next year with the exception of two whose replacements are already in house: Arroyo-Leake & Choo-Hamilton. Of the names being talked about as making the 25 man roster Parra is the only other player not under Reds control for 2014.
- There are zero position battles among the starting 8 fielders.
- We can debate over the rotation slots 2-4 (assuming Cueto is #1 and Chapman is #5 to limit innings), but no one is gonna care all that strongly about Latos-Arroyo-Bailey versus Arroyo-Latos-Bailey.
I dislike that they never made a Juan Castro bobblehead.
24 Years and Counting...
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59544Two outs, nobody on, trying to get a right-handed hitter up there, Castro is 1-for-1 lifetime against him. If there was someone on base, I’d have given Josh a chance to whack it out of the ballpark. I’m just trying to get something going any way we can.
If we want to be charitable about it, this was in June of Hamilton's rookie year. And hey, Castro had a lifetime 1.000 BA against that pitcher!
"I can make all the stadiums rock."
I dislike having to wait all winter to get my roof replaced, shutters fixed, gutters cleaned and garage door code changed. Severe damage and 2 break ins.
I dislike February
Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds
I dislike that the "how will Chris Carpenter explain this to his son" comments will be slowly going away. They gave me hours of cheap thrills and laughs.
“Our next home stand follows this road trip.”
“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter