Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you play stickball in the streets with?

Re: Who would you play stickball in the streets with?

Tony Perez will always be my favorite. From the past I would say honus wagner always fascinated me as kind of a mythic character.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would also like to add the late Ryan Freel to this discussion. Obviously the guy had his demons off the field. But he was a hell of a competitor, and gave gave it his all. Would be a fun guy to play a game with. I can just picture Freel diving through a store window to catch a long drive

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I would also like to add the late Ryan Freel to this discussion. Obviously the guy had his demons off the field. But he was a hell of a competitor, and gave gave it his all. Would be a fun guy to play a game with. I can just picture Freel diving through a store window to catch a long drive
    Can my non-Red and Red be the same person?

Non-Red: Griffey in Seattle as a young budding superstar with the sky as the limit, setting the tone for the backwards hat. Much like me now (sarcasm). Loved him, he was my idol as a kid, dreamed of meeting him.

Red: Griffey, as I grew older, so did he, and off the field he seems like a model husband/father.

But if we are going to play by the rules...Non-Red: Nolan Ryan
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Past non-Red: Babe Ruth

Past Red: Adam Dunn

Current non-Red: Brandon McCarthy (can he bring his wife?)

Current Red: Ryan Hanigan

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Current Red: Ryan Hanigan
    Manigan! In all seriousness, there's something about Hanny I've always liked. Besides the fact that he gets on base. He just seems like someone you already know.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Theodore Samuel Williams... and, it's not even close.

Last edited by Number_Fourteen; 02-17-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Rickey Henderson and I've always thought that pitching to Johnny Bench would be fun.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?