Thread: Buckeye decal mistaken for marijuana leaf

Buckeye decal mistaken for marijuana leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Buckeye decal mistaken for marijuana leaf

That is crazy... how many 'cross country drug dealers' advertise their cargo?

Actually, given how many deadheads I knew growing up, plenty advertised their allegiance to the 7 pointed leaf with tons of stickers, 420 signs, etc. But didn't think that any sticker alone would be enough to pull you over (though presence of such stickers can give leo's reasonable suspicion to search a vehicle after a lawful stop for other reason).

Well if it HAD been a marijuana sticker then the police would have been completely justified in pulling these guys over. Stickers are probable cause right? Right?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    Well if it HAD been a marijuana sticker then the police would have been completely justified in pulling these guys over. Stickers are probable cause right? Right?
    That's about as lame as mistaking it for a pot leaf in the first place.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Well I think it's justified. People get public urination citations all the time because they have a bumper sticker of Calvin peeing on something.

"Don't try to deny it, sir. I see the sticker, I know you like to pee on things."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-17-2013),camisadelgolf (02-17-2013)

Pot leaf stickers are not probably cause.

For a Level Playing Field

I guess the Scopes Monkey Trial thing is still alive and well in TN too. To heck with that thing called freedom of speech.

Gonna guess they were pulled over for an actual reason then they asked about the decal. Seriously doubt the decal was the reason for being pulled over.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Gonna guess they were pulled over for an actual reason then they asked about the decal. Seriously doubt the decal was the reason for being pulled over.
    my personal experience disagrees with that. being pulled over for a bumper sticker reading 'rum runner' with the historical privateer flag of Francias Drake as its backdrop. got pulled over nine times in a two week period with demands that i take a breathalyzer and submit to K9 search. it didn't end until at my lawyer's behest i started taking their district and dispatcher numbers (not just their badge). i got pulled over twice over the next year with that vehicle, with more or less the same demands.

with the car i have now, i was never pulled over until the last three weeks or so. the only thing that's changed is i know have half-a-dozen or so bumper stickers on the car, and i'm getting pulled over multiple times in one day as i switch jurisdictions, mostly between midnight and now (4am).

i'm sure once i go through all nine jurisdictions i frequent going either to and from work, or from home to my best friend's house it'll stop again (because of the info i demand), but it's still abusive.
    Last edited by Ravenlord; 02-18-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: making language more concise
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

This ain't the place fer lawyerin', but there is a big difference between 'reasonable suspicion' and 'probable cause' and when each of those matters...

again, generally speaking 'drug themed' stickers can be a reason for search after a lawful stop for another reason; the stickers alone are not enough for the initial stop.

So tell yer deadhead (or whatever those folks are today) to go low profile and not advertise their prediliction for cannabis

Turn Off Ads?