Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Boxing fans out there?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Boxing fans out there?

I know that we are generally a dying breed, but I am a huge boxing fan. Tonight has a local Cincinnati kid defending his title on HBO at 10:30. Adrien Broner is 23 years old, 25-0 (21KO) and has been a champion at two levels now. He has a chance to be really, really good. He is a heavy favorite tonight, with one place at one point having him as a 40-1 favorite, though odds are now in the 15 or 20-1 range depending on where you look.

Is anyone else excited for the fight, or even a boxing fan in general?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Boxing fans out there?

Double post..... Mods, feel free to delete.

Saw Bronner fight last year in Cincinnati, man does he have laser fast hands. I don't have HBO, do they replay these things?

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Saw Bronner fight last year in Cincinnati, man does he have laser fast hands. I don't have HBO, do they replay these things?
    HBO will have replays of it, but since you don't have it, that doesn't really do you much good. I am not sure if I am going to watch it at home or go out and try to find somewhere showing it.

That went about as expected.... 5th round TKO (towel stoppage) after two knockdowns in the three most recent rounds. That body shot on the last knockdown was brutal.

What I like about Broner is that when he wins he thanks Adrian Broner. And why not? He did all the work.

I hope he resists the temptation to chase potential paydays by moving up to junior welterweight. He's young and has a chance to establish a kingdom at lightweight. Gamboa, Uchiyama, Burgos and Magdaleno will be coming up in weight soon enough. And some of those junior welters will be willing to drop a division for a payday against Broner. Make them come to you, Adrian.
    Last edited by M2; 02-18-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What I like about Broner is that when he wins he thanks Adrian Broner. And why not? He did all the work.

I hope he resists the temptation to chase potential paydays by moving up to junior welterweight. He's young and has a chance to establish a kingdom at lightweight. Gamboa, Uchiyama, Burgos and Magdaleno will be coming up in weight soon enough. And some of those junior welters will be willing to drop a division for a payday against Broner. make them come to you, Adrian.
    He has talked about Gamboa several times, always bringing up the PED angle. I don't think Gamboa would last 6 rounds with him though. No chin and Broner has power. I wouldn't mind seeing Broner move up 10-15 pounds.... but not right now. In 2-3 years, sure. But he is still just 23 years old. Get more rounds under your belt.

Turn Off Ads?