Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd picked Cincinnati to win the World Series

Colin Cowherd picked Cincinnati to win the World Series

On his show today.

He's such a West Coast homer, I was really surprised he didn't pick the Doyers.

2. Likes:

jmac (02-18-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Colin Cowherd picked Cincinnati to win the World Series

He also talked about how it was Griffey that kept the Reds from winning and how when he left, they got good. Which of course wasn't close to true. We had no farm system and our owner was cheap. When Griffey left it coincided with some semblance of a farm system showing some fruits and a new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He also talked about how it was Griffey that kept the Reds from winning and how when he left, they got good. Which of course wasn't close to true. We had no farm system and our owner was cheap. When Griffey left it coincided with some semblance of a farm system showing some fruits and a new owner.
    Yeah his whole discussion on that point was pretty dumb.

The Reds signed Joey Votto so they could negotiate their TV deal? I mean, really.

This should be a really awesome thread... I know we're all huge Cowherd fans here. Haha.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84775

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Don't like him. But hey, I'll take it.

He also said that Vegas currently has the Reds at 88 wins. Seems a tad low.

I'm surprised he knows who the Reds are. I'm surprised he knows who any teams are besides his favorites: Yankees, Lakers, Cowboys, Red Sox, Dodgers, Heat, Celtics, Patriots, Tim Tebow and the entire SEC.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    That is actually really surprising considering how eager he has been the past few years to dump on the Reds to draw attention to himself

However, this is good news for Reds fans...
    http://deadspin.com/5970095/ugh-coli...pundit-of-2012

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The Reds signed Joey Votto so they could negotiate their TV deal? I mean, really.
    I'm not a Cowherd fan by any means, but weren't there some on this board who speculated the same -- that Castellini is trying to position the franchise for a good deal by signing good players and upping ratings?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    He also said that Vegas currently has the Reds at 88 wins. Seems a tad low.
    we were 5th best and the 3 teams tied for 1st are set at 90. So its not like anyone set at 95.

Well, I'll give him credit--he's saying something no one else is. Don't get me wrong--the Reds have a legitimate shot--but he works in a business that requires saying things to get people's attention, and if he said what everyone else is saying, people wouldn't pay as much attention.

Does this mean he has figured out who Joey Votto is?

Cowherd remains and always will be an uber-tool.

Colin Cowherd is the Bud Light to Jim Rome's Budweiser. Very weak and watered down version of something that's not any good to begin with.

16. Likes:

bounty37h (02-20-2013),camisadelgolf (02-19-2013),Caveman Techie (02-19-2013),CySeymour (02-19-2013),Edd Roush (02-19-2013),Hap (02-19-2013),JB12 (02-19-2013),marcshoe (02-19-2013),medford (02-19-2013),mth123 (02-19-2013),RichRed (02-19-2013),texasdave (02-19-2013),The Operator (02-19-2013),Tommyjohn25 (02-19-2013),vaticanplum (02-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Colin Cowherd is the Bud Light to Jim Rome's Budweiser. Very weak and watered down version of something that's not any good to begin with.
    It's unbelievable how awesome, and accurate, of a quote this really is.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    That there is sig worthy!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Turn Off Ads?