Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day 2013 April 1st.

Opening Day 2013 April 1st.

I have heard Cincinnati is simply amazing for opening day. I live a few hours north and have visited Cincinnati with the kids, (zoo etc...) Being a dislocated Angels fan, (sorry all) I figure this year would be a perfect year to attend opening day. I see the opening night tickets are on sale. But when do opening day tickets go on sale for April 1st? I saw last year you had to enter just to get a chance to buy these seats. Any info would be great...we are Angels fans, but our family will respect your great ballpark and your great city. Thank You

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day 2013 April 1st.

I live 3 hours from Cincy. Obtaining tickets to Opening Day is next to impossible without paying a premium price. The Reds' could probably sell 2oo,ooo or more tickets for that game. The parade & fan interaction is a great experience. Tickets for the wednesday & thursday games shouldn't be hard to get if you are wanting to see your team play.

Well...I'm going to try to get tickets anyway. Do they go on sale on the Reds MLB.com site? I'll pay a premium, up to double, but not what the current stubhub "season ticket holders" are asking. Thanks for your reply and wish me luck. My 6 and 8 year old simply love baseball, and Reds opening day verse our Angels is something I want them to experince.

Every year it seems they hold some tickets back. Here is the announcement from last year. I would imagine when they post these for sale they are gonna go quick. If I see an announcement for this year, I will post it.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...24110&c_id=cin

Thank You very much

Do they sell regular single game tickets for opening day, and is it through the Reds MLB.com site? Do they not go on sale till February?

Opening day ticket always go on sale in advance on a Saturday in February I think and usually open up around 9 or 10am (i don't remember the exact date but they will announce it a few weeks in advance). Usually once the ticket lines go open (both phone lines and online), they sell out in half an hour or less, and oftentimes the server is hard to get through. That is probably you're best options if you don't want to buy at a premium but otherwise you will probably have to rely on Stub-hub or Ebay and will likely end up spending close to $50 a ticket or more just for view level seats from my experience.

Good luck. The experience is definitely worth it because Cincinnati opening day is something to remember.

Edit: It looks like things might have changed as of last year and it may now be a ticket lottery based on this article. http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...online-lottery
    Sorry if I provided wrong information but that is how it was a few years ago ( I have been a season ticket holder for the past 3 years and haven't had to worry about purchasing them separately)
    Last edited by nheath22; 12-18-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: more information found
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Thanks for the info. So I imagine the ticket lottery is still in place for 2013. Does anyone know for sure?

Yes it is and it is Wild.

Vottobot

Fun fact: Opening Day falls on my birthday this year
    Go Redlegs!!

While Opening Day is a great baseball experience in Cincy, games 2 & 3 are much easier to get tickets to. I've been to one OD in my life (The Randa walkoff homer game), and it was great. I had a connection at the time that allowed me to get tickets in the cheap seats, and they weren't cheap.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I bet you could find a few tickets on stubhub as it gets closer, but I also could see the sellers gouging the prices. Good luck to the Angels starting 3 games into the season

Per MLB.com, the start time of this opening day game is yet to be determined. I am sure it will be nationally televised especially with Josh Hamilton visiting Cincinnati. I am guessing it will be at 4pm.

I usually have friends come over and watch on my patio.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Opening Day schedule start time is 4:10 per schedule from the Reds' ticket office.

Thanks you guys for the kinds words and accepting an Angels fan into the forum. I will be going to opening day regardless, and I look forward to bringing my kids to your great city for a few days before we head out for the rest of our break. Our spring fall this week, so Cincinnati is our first stop. Other than the zoo, and Reds/Angels, any other attractions recommended for a 7 and 9 year old?

Thank You.

Turn Off Ads?