Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #25 prospect for 2013?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Buckley

0 0%
  • Drew Cisco

15 36.59%
  • Jacob Constante

10 24.39%
  • Carlos Contreras

3 7.32%
  • Tim Crabbe

0 0%
  • Pedro Diaz

1 2.44%
  • Josh Fellhauer

1 2.44%
  • Brodie Greene

0 0%
  • Drew Hayes

0 0%
  • Jeremy Kivel

0 0%
  • Travis Mattair

0 0%
  • Jonathan Moscot

1 2.44%
  • Curtis Partch

0 0%
  • Juan Perez

0 0%
  • Josh Ravin

0 0%
  • Sal Romano

1 2.44%
  • Gabriel Rosa

1 2.44%
  • Steve Selsky

0 0%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

3 7.32%
  • Pedro Villareal

1 2.44%
  • Zach Vincej

2 4.88%
  • Other (Please Name)

2 4.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #25 prospect for 2013?

Re: Who is Redszone's #25 prospect for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    You are right. I will get that changed on the next poll.
    I corrected his name in the poll.

2. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-20-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    I corrected his name in the poll.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Drew Cisco, polished SP, if healthy, will move quickly
    Likewise. Similar stuff and makeup as JJ Hoover, but with a weaker arm. High probability of making the big leagues in some form or other. Despite his injury, he has pretty clean mechanics overall. He's not particularly sizeable or strong, but he is taller than both Cueto and Corcino and still has room to fill out. I feel like he's one that could reach the big leagues as a #5 starter within two or three years as is.

6. Likes:

Red Swagger (02-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Lots of choices here make plenty of sense. I went with Bryson Smith though. High contact hitter with good speed who can play center, left and right field? Sounds like a perfect 4th outfielder and given that he has already shown some skills at AA, he is rather safe too.
    Finally some one agrees. Based on perfromance, he's a better bet than Ryan Lamarre or Kyle Waldrop IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm not that familiar with him, but his numbers look good. He might get my vote next poll.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Finally some one agrees. Based on perfromance, he's a better bet than Ryan Lamarre or Kyle Waldrop IMO.
    mth, I usually agree with you 95% of the time but I don't see the case for Smith over Waldrop. (Lamarre's another matter.) Smith last year posted a slightly higher OPS than Waldrop: .787 over his two levels to Waldrop's .767.
    But his K/W ratio was not as good: about 3.5 to 1 as opposed to 2:1, and his ratio of extra base hits to total hits was significantly lower: 22% to about 30%. Also he is a full three years older than Waldrop. Yet if Smith starts this year at Pensacola and Waldrop at Bakersfield, as seems likely, he's only a half level above. This is not to mention Waldrop's very large improvement from 2011 to 2012 and his consistent, month by month, improvement within 2012.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    mth, I usually agree with you 95% of the time but I don't see the case for Smith over Waldrop. (Lamarre's another matter.) Smith last year posted a slightly higher OPS than Waldrop: .787 over his two levels to Waldrop's .767.
    But his K/W ratio was not as good: about 3.5 to 1 as opposed to 2:1, and his ratio of extra base hits to total hits was significantly lower: 22% to about 30%. Also he is a full three years older than Waldrop. Yet if Smith starts this year at Pensacola and Waldrop at Bakersfield, as seems likely, he's only a half level above. This is not to mention Waldrop's very large improvement from 2011 to 2012 and his consistent, month by month, improvement within 2012.
    Waldrop can't play center. Most believe he can't even play right. That is the biggest difference. The two guys are completely different players though, so it isn't exactly easy to compare them head to head.

Waldrop can't play center. Most believe he can't even play right. That is the biggest difference. The two guys are completely different players though, so it isn't exactly easy to compare them head to head.
    Agree. I like Smith fine; his proper comp seems to me Lamarre. I think both have a good chance to be decent 4th outfielder types. Mostly what seems to me not taken enough into account about Waldrop is his age. He made a lot of progress this year as a 20 year old. I'll be interested to see the Bakersfield roster; he'll likely be among the youngest, if not the youngest, position player on the roster, with the possible exception, of course, of Yorman if they start him there.

Haven't heard much mention of Selsky. His offensive numbers are more impressive than either Waldrop or Smith. He's a corner, but with 18 of 21 SB's, he does not appear to be slow. The high K rate is worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Agree. I like Smith fine; his proper comp seems to me Lamarre. I think both have a good chance to be decent 4th outfielder types. Mostly what seems to me not taken enough into account about Waldrop is his age. He made a lot of progress this year as a 20 year old. I'll be interested to see the Bakersfield roster; he'll likely be among the youngest, if not the youngest, position player on the roster, with the possible exception, of course, of Yorman if they start him there.
    I get where you're coming from Hokie, but, IMO, an offense first guy should be OPSing closer to .900 than he is .700 (especially in the low minor leagues). Hopefully, the positive signs you saw in 2012 will translate to that in 2013.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Romano and Moscot are going to surprise people this year. They should be getting votes at this point in the polls. Josh Smith and Mason Felt need to put on the prospect list as well, same with Devin Lohman. Reds are high on Lohman, he is the "under the radar" prospect who they expect to have a breakout year. Smith should start in AA, great numbers. Felt could be a special SP, my thoughts go out to him and his family.

Turn Off Ads?