Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Team store closest to stadium???

Team store closest to stadium???

Forgive a simple question from an outta town fan--bringing my little girl in for opening day. I literally haven't been to a game in Cincy in over 30 years, so I need to know where to go to out fit her up with plenty of souvenirs....is there a team store outside the stadium (or is it inside)? Is there a better place close by? How about a website that specializes in Reds gear?? Thanks for any help!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Team store closest to stadium???

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Forgive a simple question from an outta town fan--bringing my little girl in for opening day. I literally haven't been to a game in Cincy in over 30 years, so I need to know where to go to out fit her up with plenty of souvenirs....is there a team store outside the stadium (or is it inside)? Is there a better place close by? How about a website that specializes in Reds gear?? Thanks for any help!
    There is one at the stadium. It is accessible from the outside as well as the inside of the stadium. It has a lot of Reds merchandise (obviously) so you should have no problem loading up.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

There's the one at the Reds Hall of Fame (which is just outside the stadium) - been a couple of years since I've been there but it had a huge selection of gear.

You're ahead in "Dad of the Year" voting for 2013!
    Last edited by Tadasimha; 02-19-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Look online. It is mucccchhh cheaper than the stores near the stadium.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

6. Likes:

JB12 (02-19-2013)

If you can head a few blocks south to Fourth Street, Koch's is great.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

8. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    If you can head a few blocks south to Fourth Street, Koch's is great.
    The best sporting goods store around. Plenty of Reds gear and a nostalgic look and feel of the way sport shops used to be.

10. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-19-2013)

There are also licensed vendors outside the stadium along the sidewalks.

Also see this thread:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99586
    Last edited by goreds2; 02-19-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added link
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Look online. It is mucccchhh cheaper than the stores near the stadium.
    True, but knowing what you bought came *from the stadium* really adds to the sentimental value of the item. To me, that's more than worth the 20% markup.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sears and Meijers have some good stuff and cheaper. I also agree with spending that extra $ at the ballpark is sometimes worth it.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    True, but knowing what you bought came *from the stadium* really adds to the sentimental value of the item. To me, that's more than worth the 20% markup.
    I got a NL Central Champs t-shirt at the clinch game last year... talk about major markup... more like gouging with $15 dollar difference. Not happy about that. ...

Buy online if you can - the only reason not to is if you are making a memory with it - or its a new must have item that is not online yet.

If your heading down on Opening Day I probably would hit up Koch's first. The team store will be a mad house and Koch's will be less busy. If you can't find what you want at Koch's then by all means hit up the team store which is right outside of the stadium.

Online is easier and cheaper, just be wary of sites that claim they have "official" gear, but sell you knock-offs. If it seems too good to be true, it's probably not.

Amazon has some decent deals on 59Fifty hats (same ones the players wear). You'll spend upwards of $40 at the stadium for one.

Turn Off Ads?