Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin reunion???

Led Zeppelin reunion???

After their tantalizing one-off gig in 2007, Robert Plant has hinted that he's open to a Led Zeppelin reunion next year. Speaking to Australia's version of 60 Minutes, the singer deflected the notion that he's the reason for Zeppelin's dormancy. "[Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones] are Capricorns. They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me," said Plant. "I'm not the bad guy . . . You need to see the Capricorns – I've got nothing to do in 2014."
    Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2LMwEU2ed
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Led Zeppelin reunion???

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2LMwEU2ed
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
    Ahh....Robert Plant is the problem...if he's playing that he's not, I suspect he is anyway.

I get it- they are already the greatest band in history and he doesn't want to taint the image. But that concert showed they are more than just Loverboy taking a tour of Holiday Inn lounge's across I-95.

It would be the greatest thing to ever happen, I would pay any amount, and I would probably cry like a baby.

But really, Plant is the problem and my hopes are going to remain low. He talks about ruinig the legacy, and then shacks up with some no name chick in Austin, Texas...and that is better than doing Zeppelin again. Whatever.

Didn't he once use the excuse that what stood in the way of a reunion was that he hated Stairway and Page loved it?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Didn't he once use the excuse that what stood in the way of a reunion was that he hated Stairway and Page loved it?
    When Page & Plant toured in the mid-90s they refused to play Stairway.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I think a Zeppelin reunion would be like watching the Big Red Machine play Red Sox again. It would be neat for a couple of innings (or four songs), but it would just leave me longing for what was instead of what is. Let's face it, Robert Plant isn't what he used to be.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

7. Likes:

Johnny Footstool (02-22-2013)

To bad page couldn't get David Coverdale to do another album .If you have heard any of the clips of coverdale doing various zep songs you'd realize David Coverdale is every bit Robert Plants equal if not superior at least Coverdale don't say he cant/dosent want to do his old materiel..like in the 80's

I'm with Dom on this, hopes are low, but if....oh my if....

IF it were to happen, and IF they played a true sampling of their catalog, they could literally charge anything for tickets. Not that it would necessarily be about money because so far as I know none of them have any 'need' for cash. Literally would pay thousands to see them IF they had Jason Bonham or Dave Grohl as the drummer. Eh who am I kidding, I don't care who the drummer is, but it'd be cool if it was one of those guys.

The great thing about this band is....well everything.

Yeah they borrowed, stole, modified blues songs and riffs, but lets face it, there are only a handful of note combinations out there so its all just 'modified' stuff in a lot of cases these days.

Is there a better song than....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDViSlsSM

The answer is, it depends on what day of the week it is. I have verry few songs of theirs I don't absolutely marvel at.

I'm just babbling all over the place now, but put me in the category of hell yes.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

10. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

IF it were to happen, and IF they played a true sampling of their catalog, they could literally charge anything for tickets. Not that it would necessarily be about money because so far as I know none of them have any 'need' for cash. Literally would pay thousands to see them IF they had Jason Bonham or Dave Grohl as the drummer. Eh who am I kidding, I don't care who the drummer is, but it'd be cool if it was one of those guys.

Yeah they borrowed, stole, modified blues songs and riffs, but lets face it, there are only a handful of note combinations out there so its all just 'modified' stuff in a lot of cases these days.

The answer is, it depends on what day of the week it is. I have verry few songs of theirs I don't absolutely marvel at.

I'm just babbling all over the place now, but put me in the category of hell yes.
    Yes ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wEi2aYmdNU

12. Likes:

Joseph (02-24-2013)

It has to be a different day down here in Texas because this is my all-time favorite Led Zeppelin song. Of course, you have to look long and hard to find a bad one. I'd trade my Dusty Baker sweat bands for a Led Zeppelin Reunion ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6S9oqJRclo
    Last edited by texasdave; 02-19-2013 at 05:03 PM.

I can never stop listening to Misty Mountain Hop and When the Levee Breaks....over and over again. Only songs i have ever downloaded to my phone for use as my greetings.

It's tough to pick a favorite. I think they are the greatest rock band that ever lived.

Plant is worried and I understand- but he's wrong. Nothing is going to change their stature- it's not like they did this for thirty years on end, milking this.

These are three guys who are still at the top of their game- the o2 concert was breathtaking.

I would sell anything I had to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

Babble away, brother. Marvel away.

I was explaining to someone the other day why Jimmy Page is the greatest guitarist of all time: because he makes you want to sing along to guitar riffs. You can't do that to Eddie Van Halen. You don't do that to Hendrix.

I hope this happens for the sake of seeing something like this with my own eyes- just something to make me, for one night, think about how music used to be so awesome and something to look forward to. Someone convince Robert Plant that this is bigger than him. Please.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-19-2013 at 06:36 PM.

17. Likes:

Joseph (02-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I was explaining to someone the other day why Jimmy Page is the greatest guitarist of all time: because he makes you want to sing along to guitar riffs. You can't do that to Eddie Van Halen. You don't do that to Hendrix.
    Of course that is your number one criteria!

Im to busy to look it up but I thought Plant's voice couldn't uphold a concert tour.

I hope they do though. It's on my "bucket list".

I love Zeppelin!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Of course that is your number one criteria!
    I don't know that it is number one- it's what makes him better.

Turn Off Ads?