Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One year with an Electric Car

Re: One year with an Electric Car

I follow most Tesla items fairly closely. I think Elon Musk is perhaps the most interesting person on the planet. That said, I read a article last week that was saying the patent thing at this point was not much of a factor for folks.

The next big impact for Tesla might be the Gigafactory. A Gigafacory is a massive battery factory Telsa is building with Panasonic. It may drop the cost of batteries significantly.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Gigafactory could be a game changer. I'm also looking forward to the Model E.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/03/te...-with-model-e/

I would like to have an electric car, but it's just not feasible. into Cincinnati 1-4 times a week (70+ mile round trip), up to my in-laws twice a week (40 mile round trip), and to various (mostly state) parks to forage. until battery range increases significantly, Toyota is my friend. as a side note, I can't imagine only driving a thousand miles in a primary vehicle in one month.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    I would like to have an electric car, but it's just not feasible. into Cincinnati 1-4 times a week (70+ mile round trip), up to my in-laws twice a week (40 mile round trip), and to various (mostly state) parks to forage. until battery range increases significantly, Toyota is my friend. as a side note, I can't imagine only driving a thousand miles in a primary vehicle in one month.
    The Leaf definitely would not work as your primary car. The Tesla would......but it's pretty expensive. I bet you 75% of Leaf owners have a second vehicle.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I follow most Tesla items fairly closely. I think Elon Musk is perhaps the most interesting person on the planet. That said, I read a article last week that was saying the patent thing at this point was not much of a factor for folks.

The next big impact for Tesla might be the Gigafactory. A Gigafacory is a massive battery factory Telsa is building with Panasonic. It may drop the cost of batteries significantly.
    I find it interesting that he released the patents just as Toyota announces that they'll be shipping the first mass-produced hydrogen fuel cell car next year, which doesn't suffer from the range issues that plague electrics.

I find no significance in that at all. Musk wanted to build a game-changing automobile. So I sure he studied both technologies before deciding which to pursue. Hydrogen's problem is that it requires a whole new expensive infrastructure to support it. One of the reasons they are selling more and more plugins of all types is that you can refuel at home. You can't do that with Hydrogen.

And the range on the Hydrogen car will be almost exactly that of a Tesla. Except there are almost no fueling stations for the Hydrogen.

I will be shocked if Hydrogen sells 10% of what electric does within the next decade.

Turn Off Ads?