Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Face of MLB

Re: Face of MLB

Liz Romes (@RedsTixLiz), one of the ticket office staff, tweets a bunch of fluff about Votto, along the lines of Chunk Norris facts. Makes for great retweet fodder.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How many times has the Reds' King of twitter (BP) tweated support for #JoeyVotto being the Face of the MLB?

my guess not many but why does that matter?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

They've gotten some of the players and coaches involved in Arizona. The official Reds Twitter account has been tweeting pictures of Reds coaches, announcers, and players holding up a sign with the #JoeyVotto hashtag on it and telling everyone to tweet for him as the #FaceofMLB. That makes for good retweeting stuff too (I think some of the players have included Bronson, Jay, Todd, Corky, and Ryan H. among others) I love that they've gotten the folks in Arizona involved somehow!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    How many times has the Reds' King of twitter (BP) tweated support for #JoeyVotto being the Face of the MLB?
    That would be zero. Probably upset that it isn't #BrandonPhillips up there.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

No, @DatDudeBP has yet to show any support at all, I imagine he is 'butt hurt' at not being chosen.....I though, have tired of the 'contest' and am no longer doing #JoeyVotto tweets. I love Joey, but I have had enough....plus, I am tired of giving MLB Network free publicity.
    Last edited by redsfan1966; 02-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    No, @DatDudeBP has yet to show any support at all, I imagine he his 'butt hurt' at not being chosen.....I though, have tired of the 'contest' and am no longer doing #JoeyVotto tweets. I love Joey, but I have had enough....plus, I am tired of giving MLB Network free publicity.
    I have been given a lot of flack on this board for my criticism for Brandon Phillips as a person. In fact, I know at least one thread that has been closed because of the flaming that resulted. To be clear, it's not so much that I think he's an awful being as I think he is too heralded for the kind of human he is. (How I'd like to word it is that being great with fans with does not necessarily equate to being a great person.)

With all that said, I think it's ridiculous to suggest BP is 'butt hurt'. However, I will say amen to the idea of not giving MLB Network any free publicity.

I dare say I cranked out some of the greatest tweets ever today in support of Votto, @OldGingerBalls.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I have no followers so it's easy to crank out Votto tweets without annoying folks.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

11. Likes:

Captain13 (03-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I have no followers so it's easy to crank out Votto tweets without annoying folks.
    haha, i created another twitter for the sole purpose to tweet til my heart's content. i'm not good coming up with good jokes or Votto facts so i just tweet "#JoeyVotto" and then tweet all the tweets with the hashtag until i hit the limit

it's been in the 63%-69% range for the last couple days so all we need to do is hang on and that'll be that
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

im not sure it really means anything but its still cool as it looks like he's gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm going to be seeing that hashtag in my sleep for weeks....and not in a good way, LOL

Congrats to Joey though! Reds fans are insanely awesome.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

way to go, Reds Country!
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

It's easy to see why the Cardinals have the worst and most arrogant fans in baseball. Look no further than the Cardinals beat writers.

From Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

How does Votto get named the Face of Baseball? First, he's very good. Second, there's little else to do in Cincy than vote in on-line polls.

Here we go. #SmallTimeTheatre RT @patmadl: @JoeStrauss Guess the only thing to do in STL is take cheap shots at Division Winning City then?

@JeffRiley4 Might be more impressive if Reds fans voted w/feet and actually watched Votto in person. RT that as well. #GreatAmericanCavern

https://twitter.com/JoeStrauss

Turn Off Ads?