Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Site Sluggishness

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Things are not good this afternoon. It's taking anywhere from :30 to 1:30 for a post or reply to a post to load for me.

RZ for years has been free of this issue. I'm as puzzled as I'm sure Boss is that we have this problem now.
    Yes, that is accurate - both GIK and I are extremely frustrated by the problem, as well as our host's supposed inability to replicate it on their end.

With that being said, both of us are working very hard to get this resolved once and for all. In the meantime, I want to say again that we appreciate your patience; we are as frustrated as you likely are.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Site Sluggishness

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Yes, that is accurate - both GIK and I are extremely frustrated by the problem, as well as our host's supposed inability to replicate it on their end.

With that being said, both of us are working very hard to get this resolved once and for all. In the meantime, I want to say again that we appreciate your patience; we are as frustrated as you likely are.
    OK. I'm not here to complain. I'm only trying to keep you updated with as much detail as I can to help solve a problem. That said, things are loading much faster now than earlier today

OK. I'm not here to complain. I'm only trying to keep you updated with as much detail as I can to help solve a problem. That said, things are loading much faster now than earlier today
    I appreciate everyone's input - I certainly don't see it as complaining.

It seems to be getting worse?

Getting timeouts and very long load times.

Only site where I'm experiencing this issue. Hope your host can get it fixed for you, Boss, it has to be frustrating as the site owner.

It's been quite laggy for me the last few days, Boss - both for viewing and posting.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The ironic thing is they're suggesting I optimize all tables in the database, which makes sense; however, when trying to do so, the second largest one times out. That, to me, would further confirm there are issues on their end. The largest table, which is about six times larger than the second largest, is probably the one that needs repair and/or optimization the most, but if I can't even optimize the second biggest one, there's no point in even trying that.

Right now it is fine.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

It's still slow from my end, but I guess somewhat usable. Please follow us on our Facebook page or Twitter account for the latest information if the site goes down again.

We can't say it enough, but we will again: thanks for your continued patience.

Things are loading lightning fast now. Good work!

Things are loading lightning fast now. Good work!
    That's excellent news - please keep the feedback (either way) coming.

So, the down time was optimizing the tables?

It's running much better for me. Thanks for all the hard work to get it back up and running.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

100 times better now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Not only is it all better, these are the fastest load times I've ever had here.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

SWEET JEEBUS ITS BACK

love youuuuu RedsZone

Turn Off Ads?