Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Site Sluggishness

Re: Site Sluggishness

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So, the down time was optimizing the tables?
    That and a migration to a new hosting provider.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Not only is it all better, these are the fastest load times I've ever had here.

Indeed. This is as fast as RZ has ever loaded, what what I remember.

edit: and the post went right through!
    Award Winning Baseball Player

This SHOULD eliminate the vast majority of the double posts, as well. We're glad to hear the initial feedback is all very positive.

It's Billy Hamilton fast right now.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-28-2013)

For a Level Playing Field

Yep, really fast! Thanks to all. But what is up with all these Russian/whatever spam/links that we are seeing in the areas that "newbies" are allowed?

It's annoying (but kinda fun breaking out the ban-hammer) and will be resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Yep, really fast! Thanks to all. But what is up with all these Russian/whatever spam/links that we are seeing in the areas that "newbies" are allowed?
    Our old host had instructed us to disable our custom addons (as if that would solve the problem), so they were all turned off when we switched to our new host. That included a variety of anti-spam addons that I've now reenabled.

Is there still a problem with uploading pictures? I tried today, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if it's the site? Bear in mind I haven't put a pic up on Redszone for about five years.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Glad the site is back up and running now. I had a couple days of RedsZone withdrawals.

I know nothing about the technical matters but many thanks to those who have gotten the site back up and working so fast.

Good job on the transition. My ISP also increased my speed so internet life is good ... knock on wood ... or a Louisville Slugger.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

I think I will turn off the custom addons before tomorrow's game to try to pinpoint if that could be part of the issues we've been having during the games. The server is getting hit hard, and whatever the cause, it's bring the site to a crawl or down completely. We apologize for this; trust me when I say it's extremely frustrating for us, too.

We have TENTATIVELY identified some, or all, of the problem, and I have disabled the feature (members who have read a thread) to see how we do during tomorrow's game. We thank you again for your continued patience.

How are things looking for you guys during today's game? It was sluggish for me 30-45 minutes ago, but things are working well for me now (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    How are things looking for you guys during today's game? It was sluggish for me 30-45 minutes ago, but things are working well for me now (knock on wood).
    It's definitely *better*, though it's still slower than usual. Its responsiveness is a lot better, though the load times are still a bit off.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?