Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Employee in Need of Bone Marrow Transplant

Re: Reds Employee in Need of Bone Marrow Transplant

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Registered this afternoon.

2. Likes:

remdog (02-24-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Over 700 people showed up today at GABP. There's another on Saturday in Milford at Pattison Elementary School between 9-3, or you can register online and they'll send you an at-home kit. It's no cost.

I should have done it a long time ago when I produced Lance's show and Casey was sick. I didn't. I was young and dumb... I did it today. I hope I can help someone.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 02-23-2013 at 12:37 AM.

I registered about five years ago. It really could not be more simple. If you are eligible to donate, there's no excuse. It takes about five minutes.

And if you're having second thoughts or are simply lazy, know that if you one day need a marrow transplant, registering now means you are already in the system ahead of time.

I registered years ago and got contacted about being a potential match 6 months ago. Didn't get picked because there was a better match for the donee found.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I registered years ago and got contacted about being a potential match 6 months ago. Didn't get picked because there was a better match for the donee found.
    I've yet to be contacted, but I heard it's not uncommon to wait a decade before they find someone who needs marrow that you're a match with.

Re: Reds Employee in Need of Marrow Transplant

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This is what Robin Roberts had. I encourage everyone to get registered even if it can't help this guy. I have a cousin who's about 5 yrs removed from this and doing OK.
    I registered with be the match a while ago at the suggestion of a friend and sent the information/samples.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

My girlfriend and I are both planning to go to the next Saturday event. Seems like the right thing to do.

I hope they can find him a match.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

just got my kit yesterday, and sent it in today.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Yep got mine today will send it out tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?