Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Radio As A Ministry Opportunity

Re: Sports Radio As A Ministry Opportunity

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Couple of times I tried to get on the board it wouldn't load. Also been very busy working on the deal.

I appreciate all comments, from both sides. I'm not a newbie at this. I've made my living in a similar way on my previous radio show for over a decade. This is a much larger scope, but based on some contacts I've made and conversations I've had I'm very optimistic right now.

Wish I could get involved with a station up there fully, because all those things mentioned - local pbp, etc - are money-makers and cost very little to produce.

But, one step at a time. Hope to have some solid info for you soon.
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    I worked in radio for a while and I can tell you first hand that I would first shoot for church sponsorship. Look for a church that has a younger membership. I found on a regular basis that the money is there for them to spend if they feel it can be benificial to the church by bringing in fresh faces. Another thought would be covering some local sporting events. Play by play, halftime show ect. Always the easiest sell for local businesses. Good luck to you!
    I second this. I wrote a master's thesis on WAIF-FM, a community radio station in Cincy. At fundraising time it was the religious (and specifically Gospel) shows that were the cash cow. It probably doesn't exist without them.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Dan,
    Did anything ever come of this? Updates?

Someone is doing something similar here in the Charlotte area by the way

Turn Off Ads?