We're 38 days away from Opening Day, and I can't wait. This is probably the most excited I've ever been about the Reds, On paper, this is the best Reds team of my lifetime. I thought it would be fun to see what kind of predictions we can get. I can't be the only one feeling extremely optimistic about this Reds team.
1. Shin-Soo Choo sign a four year extention with the Reds with an option for a 5th year, and finishes in the top five in MVP voting in the NL, by hitting .300 with an OBP around .400, slugging around .500, and hitting 20-25 HR.
2. Joey Votto leads the league in OPS around 1.050, belts 30 HR, and wins his second NL MVP.
3. Mat Latos wins the Cy Young. 220 IP, 2.75 ERA, 215 strike outs.
4. Jay Bruce continues to get better and hits 40 HR this season.
5. Aroldis Chapman makes around 20-25 starts (140ish IP) and posts an ERA below 3.50 while averaging around 10.0 K/9 IP.
6. Reds win their first World Series since 1990.