Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Steve Garvey has prostate cancer

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Steve Garvey has prostate cancer

I hated, hated, HATED the Dodgers back in the day.

But this obviously transcends baseball.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ancer/related/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Steve Garvey has prostate cancer

Hated this man during the 70's. This was one guy you didn't want "brush back" or" knock down." He usually responded with a line drive somewhere.

I had the pleasure of meeting him once. Class act. He joked about me being a Reds fan.

Get well soon Steve.

He was the one Dodger I kinda liked for some reason. His forearms were like made of steel.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Schnickelfritz

If there's any bright light in this story, it's that prostate cancer is one of the most curable cancers if caught in time.

Gents, make sure you get a PSA. And as uncomfortable as an exam can be, I'm pretty sure prostate cancer is even worse.

While a Dodger and I sure didn't like him, he was one of the best hitters I ever had the pleasure of watching. Prayers to #6, Steve Garvey.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    If there's any bright light in this story, it's that prostate cancer is one of the most curable cancers if caught in time.

Gents, make sure you get a PSA. And as uncomfortable as an exam can be, I'm pretty sure prostate cancer is even worse.
    As for us guys, if you live long enough you're going to get it.

I hate stories like this because they force me to recognize that even Dodgers are people too.

Get well soon, Steve Garvey.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I hated the Dodgers from the 1970's to now! In the 70's, it was almost like a post season game when we played them. I always had respect for Garvery as a player. 200 hits a year was the norm for him. Surprised he did not get more Hall of Fame consideration. Best wishes to him.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-02-2013),skywalker (03-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?