Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Unusual WPAFB activity. Is something brewing?

Unusual WPAFB activity. Is something brewing?

I live in Dayton and was jarred awake by a ton of activity from Wright Patt. Woke up and heard atleast 4 E-4B's (Airborne Command Post?) and 6 fighter jets take off at 5:20am est. Who knows how many took off before I actually woke up. Absolutely unusual amount of activity for this early!

Any ideas?
    Possibly gearing up for what's happening in Syria at the moment?
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Unusual WPAFB activity. Is something brewing?

Attack on Jack Frost and his oppression palace?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

For a Level Playing Field

I heard it too and thought WTH is going on at WPAFB? I was already awake and thinking about getting in the shower and the loud noises of all the planes began. And having lived fairly close to the base for the last 13 years they are always respectful of their neighbors in this regard. So I had the same thoughts as you... something must be happening or amiss.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

POTUS is in Israel -- they've probably got the military on high-alert right now just in case something screwy happens.

Combine that with the cyber-attack that North Korea just launched, and I think everyone's a little jittery.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I used to work with a guy that grew up around Wright Patt. he said he always knew when something was brewing b/c he'd start to notice a bunch of trucks making their way over to the underground caves around the base.

Well, if something does happen, we heard it on RZ first!

The aliens are prepping a rescue mission to free their captured brethren from Hangar 13.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The aliens are prepping a rescue mission to free their captured brethren from Hangar 13.
    I want to believe.

Used to work over in Area B (AMRL, bdlg 442 I think it was) back when WPAFB was a SAC base... from my office window I could watch B-52's do touch-and-goes. Pretty cool.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Used to work over in Area B (AMRL, bdlg 442 I think it was) back when WPAFB was a SAC base... from my office window I could watch B-52's do touch-and-goes. Pretty cool.
    That would have been me I'd have never gotten a lick of work done for watching the planes...

Turn Off Ads?