Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #27 prospect for 2013?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beau Amaral

1 2.70%
  • Sean Buckley

1 2.70%
  • Jacob Constante

6 16.22%
  • Carlos Contreras

2 5.41%
  • Tim Crabbe

0 0%
  • Brandon Dailey

0 0%
  • Pedro Diaz

2 5.41%
  • Juan Duran

1 2.70%
  • Josh Fellhauer

1 2.70%
  • Mason Felt

0 0%
  • Brodie Greene

0 0%
  • Drew Hayes

2 5.41%
  • Jeremy Kivel

0 0%
  • Devin Lohman

0 0%
  • Chris Manno

3 8.11%
  • Travis Mattair

0 0%
  • Luke Moran

0 0%
  • Jonathan Moscot

0 0%
  • Curtis Partch

0 0%
  • Daniel Paula

0 0%
  • Juan Perez

0 0%
  • Daniel Pigott

0 0%
  • Radhames Quezada

0 0%
  • Josh Ravin

1 2.70%
  • Sal Romano

8 21.62%
  • Gabriel Rosa

4 10.81%
  • Carlos Sanchez

0 0%
  • Steve Selsky

1 2.70%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Josh Smith

0 0%
  • Pedro Villarreal

1 2.70%
  • Zach Vincej

2 5.41%
  • Other (Please Name)

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #27 prospect for 2013?

Who is Redszone's #27 prospect for 2013?

1) Billy Hamilton
    2) Robert Stephenson
    3) Tony Cingrani
    4) Daniel Corcino
    5) Jesse Winker
    6) Nick Travieso
    7) Henry Rodriguez
    8) Ismael Guillon
    9) Yorman Rodriguez
    10) Tanner Rahier
    11) Dan Langfield
    12) Neftali Soto
    13) Donald Lutz
    14) Chad Rogers
    15) Tucker Barnhart
    16) David Vidal
    17) Seth Mejias-Brean
    18) Kyle Lotzkar
    19) Jeff Gelalich
    20) Ryan LaMarre
    21) Jonathan Reynoso
    22) Amir Garrett
    23) Kyle Waldrop
    24) Ryan Wright
    25) Drew Cisco
    26) Bryson Smith

2. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-23-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #27 prospect for 2013?

Note to self: Put Nick Christiani on the next poll.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Theo Bowe, too.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sal Romano

Pedro Diaz for me. BA has him at 16, so may as well go with it. Short RH in the Cueto, Corcino mold. 92-94 (touches 98??) with a hard slider and a developing change-up. He'll be 19 this year and is said to have advanced control for his age and no obvious flaws in his delivery.

Its a crapshoot at this point, so going with the highest rated guy on BA's list.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I change my mind every time I look at the list. I voted Manno, but I'm curious; is he considered a real prospect? It seems like I haven't heard his name since the Reds traded for him.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I change my mind every time I look at the list. I voted Manno, but I'm curious; is he considered a real prospect? It seems like I haven't heard his name since the Reds traded for him.
    He has a chance to be a Major Leaguer, but I can't vote for him over about 10 other pitchers still available.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Pedro Diaz for me. BA has him at 16, so may as well go with it. Short RH in the Cueto, Corcino mold. 92-94 (touches 98??) with a hard slider and a developing change-up. He'll be 19 this year and is said to have advanced control for his age and no obvious flaws in his delivery.

Its a crapshoot at this point, so going with the highest rated guy on BA's list.
    This list doesn't correlate much with the BA list and other published lists, after the top prospects, which shows how the Reds system has a lot of even guys. Hard to make these distinctions.
    Last edited by Kc61; 02-24-2013 at 10:24 AM.

I'm on the Gabriel Rosa bandwagon again.... It'll be very interesting to see what he accomplishes in a full season.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    This list doesn't correlate much with the BA list and other published lists, after the top prospects, which shows how the Reds system has a lot of even guys. Hard to make these distinctions.
    Actually, I see you voted for Carlos Contreras. I missed him. BA has him at 12 and projects him as a set-up man. The reds felt the need tp protect him on the 40 man roster so there must be something there.

As for your point, after the top 6 or so, I could see just about any order being plausible. Its mostly for fun and seeing whatever information may be shared in the course of these threads.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Steve Selsky is an easy pick here, IMO.

His career numbers, in 156 games: .316/ .383/ .527/ .911

A 20% K rate.
    An 8% BB rate, but 15(!) hbp to boost his obp.

22 years old, good defensive reports in RF, very good scouting reports vis a vis power and hit tool. Slightly old for the league both years, but not crazy bad at this point, as he's gone two levels each year.

Selsky comes from an extremely athletic family as well. His genes and baseball IQ (Dad played professionally) are nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Actually, I see you voted for Carlos Contreras. I missed him. BA has him at 12 and projects him as a set-up man. The reds felt the need tp protect him on the 40 man roster so there must be something there.

As for your point, after the top 6 or so, I could see just about any order being plausible. Its mostly for fun and seeing whatever information may be shared in the course of these threads.
    Yeah, Contreras is viewed as a real prospect in some quarters.

The interesting thing about this process is not picking the stars IMO. Everyone knows who the candidates for stardom are most of the time.

The interesting thing is looking back at the guys who are not high on the lists but turn out to be productive major leaguers or better. Guys like Hanigan. Zack Cozart who many didn't want drafted. I also think Todd Frazier's emergence is exciting -- he was highly touted but many though of him as a non-starter.

The guy I'd most like to succeed from the current group -- Devin Lohman. Not a Redszone favorite, but maybe the Reds think differently.

I am high on Devin Lohman, always have been. I've been telling people to watch him in 2013, the Reds are very high on him, calling him an "under the radar prospect" who will surprise.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    I am high on Devin Lohman, always have been. I've been telling people to watch him in 2013, the Reds are very high on him, calling him an "under the radar prospect" who will surprise.
    No they didn't. A writer who wrote an article for MLB.com said he was an under the radar prospect.

Actually, Buckley from the Reds scouting department has said multiple times this organization is very high on Devin and he has the talent to be " a major league ballplayer that contributes at the highest level" Go look for yourself. He also gave him praise at the Reds future game last year at GABP

Turn Off Ads?