Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball Prospects Top 101 Prospects (three Reds)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Baseball Prospects Top 101 Prospects (three Reds)

The crew at BP ranks their Top 101 prospects.

Billy Hamilton comes in at #14.
    Robert Stephenson comes in at #78.
    Tony Cingrani comes in at #91.

Jason Parks had this to say about Stephenson:
    Robert Stephenson will be at least 30 spots higher in 2014. Maybe he should be that high now. Love the arm; love the approach.
    Discuss.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Baseball Prospects Top 101 Prospects (three Reds)

I think it's a pretty solid list. All of the Reds prospects are about where I expect them to be. I think Corcino has the most helium potential of any Reds' prospect at this time. Maybe Winker if he can replicate his 2012 numbers for Dayton.

Chat can be seen here.

Several Reds questions already:

Mike (Cincinnati): Billy Hamilton: Average regular, All-star or Superstar?

Jason Parks on the Top 101 Prospects: Potential to be an all-star; catalytic player.

Brian Dennehy (Jerkwater, USA): Do you see Tony Cingrani in the back-end of a rotation or a bullpen? The reports I've seen of his stuff doesn't seem to equate with his accomplishments. I don't know what I'm looking at.

Jason Parks on the Top 101 Prospects: I think he ends up in the pen, but has some impact potential

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I think it's a pretty solid list. All of the Reds prospects are about where I expect them to be. I think Corcino has the most helium potential of any Reds' prospect at this time. Maybe Winker if he can replicate his 2012 numbers for Dayton.
    I still think Stephenson does. He has the potential to be the #1 prospect in the game.

Though you could argue that guys like say Pedro Diaz, Amir Garrett, Jonathan Reynoso.... guys who aren't even close right now, but have the tools, could vault into the Top 100 and they would jump much higher than Stephenson could possibly move in terms of pure numbers upgrade.

Turn Off Ads?