Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds 2013 TV Schedule

Re: Reds 2013 TV Schedule

What is the announcer rotation gonna be like this year? I felt like Thom wasn't around as much last year. I know Thom grates on peoples nerves sometimes but I prefer him to Kelch, who just doesn't bring anything to the table for me. I'd just rather have someone mildly abrasive than boring, no disrespect intended.

2. Likes:

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What is the announcer rotation gonna be like this year? I felt like Thom wasn't around as much last year. I know Thom grates on peoples nerves sometimes but I prefer him to Kelch, who just doesn't bring anything to the table for me. I'd just rather have someone mildly abrasive than boring, no disrespect intended.
    It is going to be the same basic rotation as last year with Thom, Jim Kelch and George Grande rotating on play by play and Chris Welsh and Jeff Brantley on color

5. Likes:

You would think the first spring training game of the year would be on TV. The interest level is quite high today. Fox Sports fail.

7. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    You would think the first spring training game of the year would be on TV. The interest level is quite high today. Fox Sports fail.
    In my best Chris Welsh, "I agree."
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I can tolerate Thom, even if part of my enjoyment is making fun of him, but I for one think Kelch and Welch stack up with any current baseball announcing duo in terms of quality.

And to be more on topic, I love how I always see 145 games or whatever and go "Great, no complaints here! I'll get to see almost every Reds game!" And then as soon as one of those days comes where the Reds are playing and it isn't on TV, I immediately become filled with rage at "those idiots at FS Ohio".
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

I think Kelch is abysmal. I cringe when he has a stretch of games. Monotone and boring.

12. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    I think Kelch is abysmal. I cringe when he has a stretch of games. Monotone and boring.
    I can tolerate Kelch, Thom on the other hand not so much. Thom tries to be Like Marty and he comes off as fake and a jerk and honestly I can't take the way he pronounces Sanchez and Valdez.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's the MLBTV spring schedule. I counted 6 Reds games on it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info...3557-549881140
    True story... At the end of last season I bought one of the promotional "Get mlb.tv for a low low price for the remaining games!" deals they had going, and then forgot about it once the season ended.

Well, two days ago I saw $133 from MLB.com come out of my checking account and since I'm incredibly anal about finances I immediately called my girlfriend up saying "You better not have swiped my card and bought another Ryan Hanigan (her favorite player, oddly enough) jersey!"

Of course, as it turns out... I guess mlb.tv was set to automatically renew and I didn't know about it. After the initial outrage and saying "Oh hell no, I'll be calling MLB customer service about this." I remembered how awesome it was to watch virtually any game whenever I wanted to.

So I'm keeping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Turn Off Ads?