Turn Off Ads?

Thread: questions about GABP rules...

questions about GABP rules...

Can you take in an umbrella? Backpack? Food? Thanks...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: questions about GABP rules...

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Backpack and food definitely. I have done it plenty of times. You will have to take in SEALED drinks though.

Not sure about umbrellas.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    This should answer almost any question you have about GABP.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/b...?content=guide

From the Reds:
    Bags, Backpacks and Purses - Guests are welcome to bring bags, backpacks, SOFT SIDED Coolers, and purses into Great American Ball Park provided their dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" Major League Baseball size requirement. Bags, backpacks, SOFT SIDED Coolers, and purses are subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark.

Umbrella Policy - Umbrellas are permitted in the ballpark. For the safety and consideration of your fellow fans, please do not open your umbrella in crowded areas. Please do not obstruct the view of you fellow fans. Those obstructing the view of a fellow fan so will be asked to lower their umbrella.

I think any food pretty much is ok. I've even taken in Chipotle before. As long as drinks are in a clear plastic bottle and sealed and non alcoholic I think you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    From the Reds:
    Bags, Backpacks and Purses - Guests are welcome to bring bags, backpacks, SOFT SIDED Coolers, and purses into Great American Ball Park provided their dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" Major League Baseball size requirement. Bags, backpacks, SOFT SIDED Coolers, and purses are subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark.

Umbrella Policy - Umbrellas are permitted in the ballpark. For the safety and consideration of your fellow fans, please do not open your umbrella in crowded areas. Please do not obstruct the view of you fellow fans. Those obstructing the view of a fellow fan so will be asked to lower their umbrella.

I think any food pretty much is ok. I've even taken in Chipotle before. As long as drinks are in a clear plastic bottle and sealed and non alcoholic I think you are fine.
    An umbrella is almost always blocking someone's view...just bring a poncho.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    An umbrella is almost always blocking someone's view...just bring a poncho.
    Ha I kind of thought the same thing, pretty hard for it not to unless the place is pretty empty. But I was just quoting from the page.

Last year the person next to me (a fellow season ticket holder) used her umbrella and consequently drenched me every time it rained. Drove me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Last year the person next to me (a fellow season ticket holder) used her umbrella and consequently drenched me every time it rained. Drove me crazy
    You should have beaned her.

It's the right thing to do.

Turn Off Ads?