Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: C. Trent to the Enquirer

Re: C. Trent to the Enquirer

2. Likes:

westofyou (03-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Caption contest: "Ernest Bynar poops a football while trying to run for a TD in the AFC Championship Game."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Yes, "The Fumble" was mentioned earlier in this thread. But don't forget "The Drive" too.

Cleveland has had such worse luck/heartbreaking losses than Cincinnati that it's not even funny (OK, it's kinda funny).

Where does this rank in Cleveland lore?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shot
    The Shot is one of many dramatic sports moments to come at a Cleveland team's expense—Red Right 88, The Catch, The Drive, The Fumble, The Streak, The Decision, The Move and the 1997 World Series.
    Last edited by klw; 03-07-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Yes, "The Fumble" was mentioned earlier in this thread. But don't forget "The Drive" too.

Cleveland has had such worse luck/heartbreaking losses than Cincinnati that it's not even funny (OK, it's kinda funny).
    I think there is a difference between luck and heartbreaking loss. Cincinnati has had bad luck. Cleveland has had bad losses.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Where does this rank in Cleveland lore?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shot
    Right up there with the patently absurd trade of Ron Harper for Danny Ferry less than one year after "the shot". And the premature career ending injury to Brad Daugherty.

See, Cleveland fans - at least Cavs fans - can also play the injury/horrible personnel move cards.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I like C Trent, but it won't make me pay the enquirer to read about the Reds online.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

10. Likes:

marcshoe (03-08-2013),remdog (03-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think there is a difference between luck and heartbreaking loss. Cincinnati has had bad luck. Cleveland has had bad losses.
    What is that difference? Is an untimely fumble not bad luck? Was the Super Bowl interception drop in the end zone by the defensive back (Billups?) not a "horrible loss?" I don't begrudge you the right to be bitter, but I'm failing to see this distinction that makes your experiences not parallel to other fan base disappointments.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Every fan base has bitter disappointments, Cincinnati fans have no higher ground to claim they hurt anymore than any other fan base, thinking so doesn't make it a reality in any form

13. Likes:

remdog (03-09-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What is that difference? Is an untimely fumble not bad luck? Was the Super Bowl interception drop in the end zone by the defensive back (Billups?) not a "horrible loss?" I don't begrudge you the right to be bitter, but I'm failing to see this distinction that makes your experiences not parallel to other fan base disappointments.
    The difference is, a fumble, an interception, actual misplays are mistakes. Injuries aren't. Cincinnati has had chances to not make mistakes ripped away from them. Cleveland simply made mistakes. Cleveland teams got their chances and messed them up. Cincinnati ones didn't.

Turn Off Ads?