Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Face of MLB

Face of MLB

So it ends tomorrow at 6:30 am. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been voting for Joey Votto all month, but does anyone actually know what it's for? What does it mean to be the face of MLB?

Either way, keep voting for Joey. For anyone with Twitter, just tweet #JoeyVotto as many times as you can. Retweets count too. Right now he has about 68 percent of the vote, so we're almost there. Almost where?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Face of MLB

Maybe they will have those Giant Joey Votto heads behind home plate. Kind of like all of those you see behind the basket at college basketball games.

And #JoeyVotto wins.

way to go, Reds Country!
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

Glad to see Votto win it. Dont know what it actually means but it's always good to see any reds player get national recognition.

Well ,that was one thing the Dodgers couldn't buy this year.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rhymon View Post
    Well ,that was one thing the Dodgers couldn't buy this year.
    They could have paid some fans to "vote"

Nice interview from votto on mlb network... I think he used a lot of irony and made fun of this "contest"...

But thanked the reds fans for there effort...

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    They could have paid some fans to "vote"

Nice interview from votto on mlb network... I think he used a lot of irony and made fun of this "contest"...

But thanked the reds fans for there effort...
    My favorite line was, how ironic that he was the Face of MLB, yet he was on the telephone and not on camera with the Hot Stove crew.....or something like that.

Maybe as the Face of Mlb one of the trading card companies will finally use him for a package cover. I don't buy baseball cards but, I started looking at the packages after the mvp season thinking that Joey would certainly be on about half of the covers. He wasn't of course, but they were filled with guys who have yet to play a full major league season. I know market size is a factor, but I don't think the casual fan outside of this area realizes what we have here.

It's been a few weeks since he "won" but does anyone have any idea what this title even means?

Turn Off Ads?