Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bull Pen - who goes?

Re: Bull Pen - who goes?

So do you guys think Marshall is gonna be the primary setup man this year?

2. Turn Off Ads?

CHAPMAN WILL BE THE CLOSER.. Today, he came out and today and said " I would rather be the closer" Dusty and Price want in the bullpen as well. If the Reds want to win in 2013, Chapman needs to be in the 9th.
    Just watch and see, Aroldis will be the closer.

The Opening Day bullpen:

Chapman
    Broxton
    Marshall
    LeCure
    Arredondo
    Parra
    Simon

Ondrusek and Hoover will be sent down to AAA, options are remaining. Hensley as well.
    Last edited by Red Swagger; 03-17-2013 at 12:06 AM.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    CHAPMAN WILL BE THE CLOSER.. Today, he came out and today and said " I would rather be the closer" Dusty and Price want in the bullpen as well. If the Reds want to win in 2013, Chapman needs to be in the 9th.

The Opening Day bullpen:

Chapman
    Broxton
    Marshall
    LeCure
    Arredondo
    Parra
    Simon

Ondrusek and Hoover will be sent down to AAA, options are remaining. Hensley as well.
    I'd move Arredondo and keep Ondrusek, with Hoover the first option at Louisville.

I'll also be glad to see Chapman back at closer, if that happens.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post

The Opening Day bullpen:

Chapman
    Broxton
    Marshall
    LeCure
    Arredondo
    Parra
    Simon

All I have seen says that Price wants him in the rotation --- have I missed something?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    All I have seen says that Price wants him in the rotation --- have I missed something?
    Please explain. I've always thought Price was pushing to try him as a starter too.

The only place I've seen saying Price wants Chapman in the pen is a blog post from Hal McCoy. Everything else I've seen says Price prefers him in the rotation. And Jocketty countered Chapman's quote with one of his own: "We don't let every player tell us how they want to be used."

I'd like to see Hoover make the team out of spring training. I know he has options unlike a couple of the others, but I Jesu think he is one of the 6 best.

Is it possible any of these guys have some trade value?

Imagine if Masset can regain any type of form that he once had? we could have a silly sick pen for the record books if Chapman is the closer.....get to the 6th inning and things will start looking really good.

I thought Hoover was throwing some good stuff in his few appearances last year. He seems to be doing great this spring, as well.

Any updates on Masset?

the last update I seen on Nick was that he was long tossing and looking good....I believe that was John Fay's twitter feed......I also heard that same news last year only to read again that he would have a setback so I am not sure what to think......but Nick has had a full year to rehab and he should be in good form come summer.

I hope so. It would great to see him come in maybe in the second half of the season.

Now that Chapman is in the pen.....

Marshall L
    Chapman L
    Broxton R
    Hoover - You have to keep Hoover, despite options. "win now" philosophy = keeping best players/ pitchers on roster.
    Arredondo R
    Lecure R
    Simon R- Sure, he had a bad spring but who cares. He was money last season.

No Ondrusek. Not reliable enough.
    No Parra, no need for 3 LHP and walks too many, 5.12 career ERA. Lefty or not, does NOT make bullpen better.
    Might we see a trade at the end of spring training?
    Last edited by holster10; 03-23-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    Now that Chapman is in the pen.....

Marshall L
    Chapman L
    Broxton R
    Hoover - You have to keep Hoover, despite options. "win now" philosophy = keeping best players/ pitchers on roster.
    Arredondo R
    Lecure R
    Simon R- Sure, he had a bad spring but who cares. He was money last season.

No Ondrusek. Not reliable enough.
    No Parra, no need for 3 LHP and walks too many, 5.12 career ERA. Lefty or not, does NOT make bullpen better.
    Might we see a trade at the end of spring training?
    Simon is going to have a hard time making the team because of the WBC. He barely pitched, and now has to stretch out all over again.

With Hoover, I completely agree with you and it will be a nice test of the bull**** meter for Jockety. If Chapman is in the bullpen because we're in "win-now" mode, then shouldn't Hoover be there as well since he's been the best pitcher all spring (options be damned)?

I like Hoover, and hope he stays, with the Club. I would like Simon and LO, traded to make room, but with the love Dusty has for Logan, I feel he'll stick around.

my guess the Reds continue along the path of least resistance....sending Hoover to the minors. Hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by holster10; 03-24-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Turn Off Ads?