Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bull Pen - who goes?

Re: Bull Pen - who goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    I like Hoover, and hope he stays, with the Club. I would like Simon and LO, traded to make room, but with the love Dusty has for Logan, I feel he'll stick around.
    With Baker's track record in personnel decisions, why even give him any input? I wish Walt would set the roster and tell Baker to manage the players he's given.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No Manny Parra in this bullpen....the guy is not better than what we already have and is a huge project with his "major" control issues.

I really hope ondru and parra pitched themselves out of the pen the other day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Hopefully Parra and Ondrusek are gone

Simon
    Arrendondo
    LeCure
    Hoover
    Marshall
    Broxton
    Chapman

Massett on DL

if Simon starts on the DL then Parra or Ondrusek may get a chance for a couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by jaydeebee21 View Post
    Hopefully Parra and Ondrusek are gone

Simon
    Arrendondo
    LeCure
    Hoover
    Marshall
    Broxton
    Chapman

Massett on DL

if Simon starts on the DL then Parra or Ondrusek may get a chance for a couple of weeks

Id say thats a pretty filthy bullpen. if I was making the decisions this is what Id go with. I wonder if Masset will even pitch at all this year. Seems like he has setback after setback. I know he hasnt had one this spring but its taken a long time for him to start throwing and he still hasnt stepped on a mound yet. I think he is supposed to sometime this week so we will have to wait and see. He would sure would be nice to have for the second half.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Just wondering what is taking so long, I agree that Hoover should make it. But the announcement is taking to long, I would think that they are considering sending Hoover down or there is a trade pending
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Yeah, this is silly. They were out in Arizona for almost 7 weeks or what ever and they are still sand bagging on the roster decisions nearly 24 hours from game time. The trade argument makes sense. Maybe Parra doesn't want to go to AAA so they are trying to trade him?

According to Fay, Hoover, Parra and Simon all made it, while Ondrusek and Arredondo didn't. Ondrusek has options, but Arredondo doesn't so it will be interesting to see what happens to him

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...at-im-hearing/

Quote Originally Posted by 90reds View Post
    According to Fay, Hoover, Parra and Simon all made it, while Ondrusek and Arredondo didn't. Ondrusek has options, but Arredondo doesn't so it will be interesting to see what happens to him

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...at-im-hearing/
    I see no mention of Hoover in the article you have linked to.

you're right, sorry. Not in that article, but in other ones this spring Fay has implied that Hoover made the team.

Anyway, final roster is out and Hoover, Parra, and Simon all made the team. Ondrusek will start in AA Pensacola and Arredondo will pitch for AAA Louisville.

I was surprised to hear that Arredondo cleared waivers. Theres alot of teams out there that need bullpen help and he is definitely could help someone out. Not many righties can get LH out like Jose.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I was surprised to hear that Arredondo cleared waivers. Theres alot of teams out there that need bullpen help and he is definitely could help someone out. Not many righties can get LH out like Jose.
    Most teams are facing the same numbers crunch as the Reds. He's also making twice the minimum. Most teams like the Astros and Marlins, who might be able to use him, would probably rather stick to their own league minimum guys.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Most teams are facing the same numbers crunch as the Reds. He's also making twice the minimum. Most teams like the Astros and Marlins, who might be able to use him, would probably rather stick to their own league minimum guys.
    Must be the case. I read he's making $1.2M. What's the minimum?

Turn Off Ads?