Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mark Prior signs minor league deal

Mark Prior signs minor league deal

John Fay reports:

Prior, a 32-year-old right-hander, has not pitched in the majors since 2006 because of shoulder problems. He’s made several comeback attempts since.

“He called me and said asked for a chance,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “I talked to Walt (Jocketty). (Prior) says he feels good. He feels like he has some unfinished business.

“This is gives him one more chance or a chance at closure.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...with-the-reds/

Kinda funny considering Baker is potentially the one that ruined his career.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Prior signs minor league deal

I can already hear the Dusty-Prior jokes from the extremely bitter Cubs fans...

Ultimately a no-risk, potential low-reward signing that probably won't amount to anything. Meh, might as well...

Dusty wants to finish the j... oh wait, he called Dusty. That should put an end to the Dusty killed his career stories, although it won't.

If Prior held any grudge against Dusty, they wouldn't be talking & Prior wouldn't be sending Dusty's wife updates on his kids.

Cubs fans are....... Cubs fans. Bitter and out of touch. But they have an awesome ballpark. Where is that thread?
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Unfortunately, Lou, it's not just Cubs fans. Reds fans here on Sun Deck have done plenty of Dusty ruined his career rants throughout the years.

GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- On Thursday, when the Reds face the A's, former All-Star pitcher Mark Prior is slated to come over from the Minor League camp and get an inning of work in relief. Ace Johnny Cueto is scheduled to start the game.

The Reds signed Prior to a Minor League contract on March 1, which allowed him to continue a lengthy comeback from reconstructive shoulder surgery. The 32-year-old has not pitched in the Majors since 2006 and has spent recent years in the Minors and an independent league.

"I have a pretty good idea what he can do," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "I know he's been training and working. I just hope that he's far enough along and ready to pitch the way we know he can pitch, if he's had enough time. Maybe somewhere down the road here, he can help us."

Baker was the manager of the Cubs when Prior was the team's young phenom starter that enjoyed an 18-win season in 2003.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...k_cin&c_id=cin
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Dusty really does believe in giving older players a chance, for good or for bad. Mostly, I think this is a good trait. However, I'm not sure I was saying the same thing last year every time Wilson Valdez came to bat.

Hard to believe he is only 32.

I cannot find info of where he ended up.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I'm glad he's in Louisville. Even if he stinks he can tell us what Billy Hamilton had for lunch.

Prior pitched a scoreless inning and a third for Louisville tonight.

Turn Off Ads?