Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Places to Stay

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Places to Stay

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    No one has recommedend the hotel i'm staying at so that can't be good!
    Which one is it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Which one is it?
    Ramada looks like a great place to get murdered in ya sleep! All the reviews and the 3.2/10 rating didn't fill me with confidence but it's in my budget and within walking distance to the GABP so i'll suck it up.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Ramada looks like a great place to get murdered in ya sleep! All the reviews and the 3.2/10 rating didn't fill me with confidence but it's in my budget and within walking distance to the GABP so i'll suck it up.
    I can't speak to the hotel itself, but the area shouldn't leave you with any real concerns. I will say this though, while it is technically within walking distance of the stadium, that is not a short walk. Google maps says it is about a 30 minute walk and that sounds about right to me. At the end of the day the thing that speaks the most to me, other than safety of course, is price.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can't speak to the hotel itself, but the area shouldn't leave you with any real concerns. I will say this though, while it is technically within walking distance of the stadium, that is not a short walk. Google maps says it is about a 30 minute walk and that sounds about right to me. At the end of the day the thing that speaks the most to me, other than safety of course, is price.
    As long as their is a few pubs along the way 30 minutes if fine

I'll be their for 11 nights so have plenty of time on my hands so not worried if it takes a while to walk around.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

As long as their is a few pubs along the way 30 minutes if fine

I'll be their for 11 nights so have plenty of time on my hands so not worried if it takes a while to walk around.
    Great attitude! I once found myself having to walk back to my hotel in Nice, France, from the Marc Chagall Museum, because I didn't remember the French name for a cab (Taxi, DUH) and walked about 3 miles, downhill, fortunately, stopping at every Bistro with a sidewalk cafe (and there were a lot of them!) for a 'piche' of wine. Perhaps the most interesting walk I've ever taken. Although by the time I got to the hotel it might be more appropriately called a 'stumble' rather than a 'walk'.

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 06-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

I haven't stayed a the Millenium, since I live in Cincinnati, so I can't really say if its good or not. If it were me, I'd check in at the Hilton Netherland Plaza just east one block over. I have had some dealing with the office staff at the Hilton, since I work with the VA and we do quite a bit of business with them. We have never had any complaints, and it's considered one of the best hotels in Cincinnati. To get to GABP from either hotel, go east on West 5th Street about 3 blocks to Main Street, turn right and go about 2 block south and you'll be right at GABP. I would recommend the Holy Grail after the game just about everybody heads there afterwards. A friend of mine from work met a couple of coaches from the Giants there, just after the Reds dropped the second game.

Turn Off Ads?